The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

GM 3" maf not working with Links software.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

njdaewoo

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 19, 2009
Piscataway, New_Jersey
Hello, I have a 95 GST with DSMLink installed (ver3) I had the ECM link guys to program the ecu originally to run off the GM Maf sensor. Since Day 1 I have been unable to get the car running with the GM Maf (yes, the box with the GM Maf is selected). Anytime the car is started the idle goes up and down from say 200 rpms - 800 rpms. After a while it just dies. I tried adjusting the maf comp to correct this problem but I haven't been successful. My AEM wide band is saying the car is really lean!. All test are done on a warmed up engine btw. If I switch the GM Maf to the Mitsu unit and select "stock maf" the car runs perfectly! With the stock Maf I have my stft at about -1, +1. / Ltft -1.. Is there anything that I can do to at least get the GM Maf idiling? I've been at this for about 3 months

ya post a log or tell us if the car is noticing airflow. The maf itself could be bad.

Are you running the V3 Full Version along with their GM MAF adapter cable? You've dumped the MAF Translator, right?

Are you running the V3 Full Version along with their GM MAF adapter cable? You've dumped the MAF Translator, right?

Yes Im running the full version V3 along with the dsmlink cable. What do you mean dumped the MAF translator? When I purchased dsmlink I told them I was using the 3" gm maf (which is new) and they sold me the adapter cable to plug into the factory (Mitsu) maf harness.
I wonder if the gm maf unit is working? is there a way to test the GM maf?

Are you able to log the MAS Hz (MAFRaw) in ECMLink? The GM MAF adapter that they sell steps the frequency down to the range that the ECU is able to deal with, so you should be able to log ~500-600 Hz at idle, if I recall.

Okay, I will make another attempt at removing the stock Maf and installing the GM Maf.. The crazy thing is when I installed the GM Maf the other day. I had the software running on my lap top to monitor everything but I forgot to save the file.

. What do you mean dumped the MAF translator?

As in, did you get rid of the translator. You won't need it with the adaptor cable.

It does sound like maybe the sensor itself might be the problem. However, the GM Maf, form what I've read, can be finiky and take quite a bit of adjustment to get them to work right.

If you're using the translator, you need to be selecting Stock MAF.
If you're using ECMtuning's GM MAF cable, you need to be selecting GM MAF.

Also make sure you have it installed correctly directional wise.

Post up a log as it can tell us a lot. And make sure you're clicking "Start log" and not "Start stream" as the stream won't save.

Here are some logs with the GM 3" Maf:
I tried different setting just to try to keep it running... My A/F ratio stays rich no matter what I do and I dont have any boost leaks.

Attachments

• log.2010.04.28-GM Maf.elg
    57.6 KB · Views: 70
  • log.2010.04.28-Maf maf comp 50%.elg
    81.3 KB · Views: 58
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back