The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

gauge cluster lights wont work

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boostjunkie304

Probationary Member
Nov 7, 2008
triaelphia, West_Virginia
so my 2g gauge cluster lights wont work i have now ideas how fast im going at night. and my cig lighter and ashtry lights wont work so which is causeing my egt boost gagues not to work if check all the fuses and i cant figure it out HELP

Did you check the bulbs? Also, maybe the dimmer switch is bad.

sounds like a fuse. Get a meter and check them. Sometimes a screw or something metal will get into the cig lighter and blow the fuse as soon as you put it in.

theres nothing in the cig lighter. i check the fuses everwhere. the bulbs are fine. but maybe i should check the dimmer switch

Did you also check the interior fuses, specifically the one for dash lights?

Its most likely going to be your dimmer switch.

My dimmer switch went bad about 2 years back and caused all of my interior lights to not work.

You'll have to ground a certain wire on your dimmer switch harness, I'm not sure which one but I could check for you possibly when I get home tonight.

But definetally test your dimmer switch before you try grounding this wire, If this isn't the issue it could cause more problems.

If you have a haynes manual you should be able to trace down the wire and wire colors in the wiring diagrams in the back of the book.

ok guys i replaced my switch checked all my fuses and still nothing. but when i was under the dash i found this white panel it had three 12v relays and there was a fourth spot and nothing in there. also my knobs for the heater a/c isnt working

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back