The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Gauge lights wont come on [Merged8-8]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipse13

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2003
wilmington, North_Carolina
When i turn on my lights the guage lights wont come on. It is not the fuse and i dunno what else it could be. Please Help!!!

1. Check the tail light fuse.

2. Check the dimmer switch.

i appreciate the input... i double checked the fuse under the hood labeled TAIL and voila... it was bust... so i popped a new 10 amp fuse in it... and i got gauge lights.... i hooked the ground to the dash frame that is next to the radio housing when i hooked the power and memory wires up to the radio i did a key off and found a wire for constant power and use that and then turned key on and found the wire that THEN had power with key on and used that to power the radio... i did notice the harness had the old wire's on it from the last radio which matched mine fairly well in the power side of the radio.

I do appreciate your help in this thread and the other one in newbie.

alrite i have a 95 eclipse gs and all my interior lights on the speedo and the ac controls just stopped working ive checked all the fuses and relays and all of them are still good would this problem have something to do with the dimmer switch possibly being bad or the multi function switch itself were i turn the headlights on and off beacuse the headlights,taillights blinkers and everything are all working fine just the dash lights?

im curious to know too. I have the same exact problem. fuses and everything seem fine but gauge lights wont work:confused:

My friends 1g actually blew out the circuit board. The previous owner didn't take out the battery when installing the stupid indiglo gauges and it shorted when hooking it back up. Has to get a new cluster because of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back