The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

gauge cluster Fuse keeps on blowing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenuwine4g63

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
Charlotte, North_Carolina
Ok guys my gauge cluster fuse keeps blowing...and i know the gauge cluster fuse is in company with the tailights. Ive done the 2gb eclipse conversion on a 95 tsi talon so i had to adjust the lighting in the rear. The fuse is a 15 fuse, so i went and bought some 20 fuse and it keeps blowing them. As soon as i put the fuse in and turn my lights on boom it goes. So i kept the lights on and tried to put in the fuse and watch it blow in my face.LOL..its not funny but, i need some help. Do you guys think it could be something touching as far as my taillights go..because its aggrevating and i have the thought that thats it..Any more ideas:confused:

Something, somewhere when you did the conversion is shorted...go over everything you did and look for a short maybe from a pinched wire, loose wire, bad connector, etc.

Something is touching ground that shouldn't...thats why as soon as you put in the fuse, it pops

And don't put in bigger fuses...the right size fuse is safety...for example if you put a fuse thats too big, the wire itself will start to burn instead of the fuse...be careful

I think some tape has wriggled its self off..Its been working since i done the conversion about 2 1/2 months ago. so i think something has came off or something. Its dark right now, so i'll have to check in the mourning. I thought bigger fuses meant less chance of blowing especially buses fuses

Haha...yea less chance of blowing fuses cause its blowing the wire itself now haha (laughing with you, not at you)

Just look it all over, good luck

Ok problem still not solved. I rewired everything today and made sure nothing was touching. Are there any more wires or fuses that correspond to the brake lights and the gauge cluster. I tried to put some new fuses in and the same thing after i rewired all the wires and pop pop pop. Im stuck guys and need help because i work at night so i have to drive home in the dark until i press the brakes...Need more info

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back