The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Galant RS Oil Filter Assembly

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM1G90

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 6, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Good afternoon - After getting my '90 Ply RS Turbo and finding out that the replacement motor is a JDM out of an Galant RS, I noticed that, of course, I don't have an idiot light for the oil pressure, and my pressure gauge in the dash reads rather on the low side.

I noticed that there is a different kind of assembly attached to this motor - being that the sending unit is in FRONT of the assembly instead of being underneath as with other 4G63's, along with no idiot sender attached, nor a place to put a idiot sender. Thus, the idiot sender connector just hangs there nowhere to be used.

Here are some picts below of what I've got:

Thus, the question is: Is this sender, being used in a Galant, compatible with the DSM vehicles? For I wonder of some incompatibility with the sender why I get low pressure readings on the stock gauge in the dash.

I know that I'm getting pressure okey since the motor has no audible signs of being squelched of oil - plenty of oil getting up into the head, to the turbo (and I have my balance shafts intact), and the gauge does climb during driving, yet only to the quarter mark at highway speeds, and is totally dropped during idle.

thx for the help, comments and suggestions on this matter... DSM

I looks like to me that the sending unit is the round thing with the one wire coming out of it on the left side of the pic.

...true on the description of the unit, but the they key question here is "compatibility" - is this sending unit compatible with my ride, or do I need to change it out to match the instrument cluster's oil pressure gauge since I'm experiencing low pressure readings...

thx-DSM

If you have a spare oil sending unit from a dsm just screw that one in. It looks to be the same size.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back