The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

funny story/race story kinda....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnpimpn

20+ Year Contributor
May 10, 2002
medicine hat, Alberta_Canada
Well i was leaving my house at like 9:30pm to drive out to my girl's place. I pull up to a stop light where im turning right. there is a white Intrepid(older style) going straight through the intersection, while a old 2.2L(?) Charger hatchback(junker) was stoped at the light in the turn lane in front of me....Where you CAN turn right on a red. Any ways the highway is clear...yet the car is stopped and isnt proceeding through the light. So i rev my motor a bit hoping she'd look up and realise its ok to go...But nope....so i honk my horn once...still she doesnt budge...i was like WTF....so there i waited fer a min or 2. It goes green, and she pulls out really slowly...driving like an old lady...I merge behind her...into the slow lane....i pull out impationatly past her.....In the mean time that White Intrepid decides to chase after me,....im in the fast lane..I approach another set of lights, where the Intrepid pulls into the turning lane beside me and rolls his window down.....so i roll mine down...thinking maybe i know him....Nope he's my age,but i dont......The first thing he says to me in an angry voice:

Our convo:

HIM: "HEY you think you got a fast car?"

ME: "no, not really why?"

HIM: "well you drive like you do"

ME: "oh, why cause i honked at that car back there?"

HIM: "Yeah,.... That's my Girl friend"

*...I laughed at him.....*

ME: "Maybe you should tell her that its OK to turn right on a red light"

...I can tell he's getting more pissed off at me..cause all he said was...

HIM: "well thats my fackin G.F.!!"

ME: "Well maybe you should teach her how fackin to drive!!"

...The whole time im kinda smiling cause i think its the funniest thing....

HIM: "So you think you got a facking *HOT* car then?!!?!!"

ME: "it's ALOT *HOTTER* than you Facking Intrepid!!!"

....the light goes green so i proceed on my way down the hiway....He must not have liked my last comment cause once again he starts chasing me!! LOL...i laugh to myself and think like, WTF is wrong with this moron........im still in the fast lane...he pulls up in the slow lane beside me both going prolly 90km/h...he rolls his window down...so i roll my passenger window down....now hes yelling things like...

HIM: "Lets go man!!! lets fackin GO!!!"

ME: "whats the facking point??!!!!"

HIM: "lets go!!, pull over!!"

ME: "fackin grow up man!"

....and i rolled my window up....Most people would take a hint to fack off by now....nope.... now he wanted to race me... he floors his car...and slows down....then does it again.... and then again.....i thought to myself...WTF...may as well give it a shot...i drop to third gear, and punch it....i pulled like 5-6 car lenghts on him till bout halfway through 4th gear...then i could see him very slowly starting to creep up....4th gear ran out and i had to shift to 5th,.....he was still bout 4 car lengths behind me....and was verrrrrrrryyyy slowly closing in on 3... then outa no where he fell WAAAAAAAAY behind....i watched him pull over to the side of the road in my mirrors....My assumption was that his car must have broke down....cause on came his 4-ways...I laughed even harder inside and patted my car on the dash...slowed down and then i eased on down the road. Thinking to myself that some people can be such morons...He was going to fight me...because i Honked at his girlfriend....still dont know what a fight would have settled.....

hope it wasnt too long.:laser: :thumb:(Iknow street racing is bad.....besides i have N/T...how fast could i have possibly been going?;)

haha funny story....there are so many people like that.
too bad you didnt have a beater , you could have played bumper cars

LOL,wish there were more stories like that.:thumb:

*tisk tisk*

on Canadian winter roads, thats where i would disagree, but there's always stupid people out there no matter what the weather LOL.
I bet you anything it was the intake gasket that blew. My parents intrepid kept up pretty nicely with a 305 camaro iroc till he hit 5th. not THAT slow but they go pretty easily, hope it wasnt my fault... only drove it 5 or 6 times!

I would just stare. the whole time. pisses them off the most.

Originally posted by Defiant
Hrmph.

Once I give them the Glimpse of Death, they just go away. Which, of course I count as a "win".

:laugh:

Same. I've actually pulled a knife on some gangster wannabe who wanted me to pull over. he saw it and took the next turn. gg to him.

Originally posted by leet
Same. I've actually pulled a knife on some gangster wannabe who wanted me to pull over. he saw it and took the next turn. gg to him.

Just think of what woulda happened if you pointed a gun at his head. He woulda sh!t himself. That's why I won't buy one... too many people piss me off now a days and i'd just end up in jail. So I carry a metal pipe with screws going through it. :thumb:

RomEo:talon:

....I would have given him my "Glimps of DEATH"....except i was too busy laughing at him...and when ur laughing at someone i doubt you appear very intimidating :laugh: haha...oh well. The Canadian roads where i'm at were clear up until today, so its not like we were ripping it up on snow and ice:laugh:....i'd have to agree with DSMRomEo if i had a gun, even if it didnt have any bullets....id be in jail just for pointing it at OLD people!!!(then maybe they might find the gas pedal) haha...I'd have to say if that same thing happend to MY girlfriend....i would have been laughing at her...not getting mad at the guy who honked :confused:

Originally posted by leet

Tsk tsk. Leet, you and I need to have a talk. Take it from someone who knows. Be CAREFUL with that stuff man. If I showed you what knives can do, you'd definately think twice. Also, if anyone ever pulls a knife on any of you (especially over something stupid) just run. Don't ever try to play tough guy in that situation, just run. Regardless of skill, you always have to assume that when someone pulls a weapon, that is THEIR weapon of choice. If anyone would like to continue this discussion, I'd be more than happy. Plus, I'm bored out of my gourd here at work on a samn slow Saturday.

Regards,

That's too much, hehehehe. I mean the whole "why don't you teach her how to drive" comment was where you stepped over the line...LOL. Oh well, that guy was pretty much just looking for trouble anyways. It's best to never get out of your car for some jerk with a road rage problem. Nice kill though...

I'd admit i get over protective when i'm following my GF. I make sure no one tailgates her. When they do I get in the lane next to her and get by the car and start merging in his lane forcing them over to the shoulder. There's a lot of stupid people out there who honestly can't drive and you need to watch out for the people you love. But in this case the guy probably thought you were tryin' to make a move on his GF and flipped. I woulda loved to see his face when you're just laughing your @$$ off at him.

Originally posted by DSMRomEo
I woulda loved to see his face when you're just laughing your @$$ off at him.

if you can imagine a sort of *constipated/confused* look....thats the best i can describe it.....I wonder how it feels to act intimidating...only to be laughed at :confused:.....theres still a part of me that wishes i woulda pulled over and kicked his ass...

Originally posted by bnpimpn
if you can imagine a sort of *constipated/confused* look....thats the best i can describe it.....I wonder how it feels to act intimidating...only to be laughed at :confused:.....theres still a part of me that wishes i woulda pulled over and kicked his ass...

I've got the mental image and its great. It woulda been great for him to start the whole ordeal and then get his as* kicked.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back