The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel Pump Questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryJoe

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Davisville, West_Virginia
Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm a little unsure. I have an evo316g and my biggest goal for it is probably run 18psi. I bought a new walbro 255 pump with an install kit awhile ago but don't want to use it because I can't afford the extra cost of a good afpr. I can get the walbro 190lph pump on ebay without an install kit for $70 shipped. So my question is, will the install kit I got with the 255 pump work with the 190 pump?

I dont see why not. TBH, i remember putting mine in without a "kit" at all. Its been so long but i remember the only weird thing was i had to switch polarity on mine. No big deal, just cut and solder wires. But mine is a dif brand 255lph so im sure you wont have that problem.

i dont know if the pumps are universal, the install kits are as long as its for a 2g not a 1g

I would buy from a good seller. I spent 1000+ at extreme psi and they stand 100% behind what they sell. I would recommend buying the 255 and hold on to it until you get the afpr. Think twice buy once.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one i bought was for the 420a. It fit right on the gst with no problem. Works like a champ.

I ran a stock fpr for a year with my 255. Idle was a hair rich sometimes, but there were no major problems. I just tuned it out with my tuning solution. Installed the afpr and had to add a little more fuel to get it right. Is it mandatory? No. Reccomended? Yes.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back