The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Fuel Pump Drive Connector / Check Terminal Location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jccjr1982

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 21, 2006
San Diego, California
I searched the forums and checked 1000q, but cannot find an answer...

I think my fuel pump took a crap (NO Fuel Pump whining in accessory and car won't turn over). So I looked in my Chilton's manual on how else to test fuel pump operation. It says to apply 12V directly to the Fuel Pump Drive Connector / Check Terminal and the pump should operate.... so...

..Where is the Fuel Pump Drive Connector / Check Terminal located for the in the 2g 4g63t engine bay? The Chilton's manual gives a pretty crappy location figure of it which IMHO isn't really distinguable (Page 5-7)....

I attached a pic of what I THINK it is (Blue Connector).

Anyways I applied 12 volts to that blue connector, and my console alarm goes off, plus I hear a clicking noise coming from somewhere in my engine bay. But still hear no fuel pump. I hope I didn't screw anything up applying juice to that terminal not knowing 100% sure what it is.

Attachments

• 100_0133.JPG
    100_0133.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,097
Hopefully this'll help you out, and for future reference. Look at the fuel pump check connector pic 3, A-58. I believe that's what your looking for, not positive though I'm a 1g.

Attachments

• 2genginewire.jpg
    2genginewire.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 954
  • 2genginewire2.jpg
    2genginewire2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 743
  • 2genginewire3.jpg
    2genginewire3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 875
  • 2genginewire4.jpg
    2genginewire4.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 752
If your alarm goes off and your car buzzes under the hood it sounds like your battery could be dead. You said your car doesn't crank you over? It doesn't crank at all or it just turns over and doesn't fire.

Well it will sit there and keep trying to turn over... but it doesn't happen.

Today I tried applying 12v to the check terminal again (which appears correct from the diagrams posted above)... and now I don't have a constant clicking noise anymore. It's now an actuating noise that lasts about 2 seconds. Sounds like its coming from the vicinity around the right side area of the fuel rail...

I attached a battery tester to the cig lighter and my battery is in perfect condition and charged.

Was that the right connector in the diagram? I am having fuel issues as well. Were those diagrams from the Haynes manual? I also have the Chilton manual, and it sucks.

I'm looking for this diverter now too, need to jump my fuel pump to drain the tank. Figured I would bring this back from the dead before making a new thread. These diagrams are not doing it for me.

Can someone post an actual picture of the plug? That would be a lot of help!

You dont apply 12v you just jump the connector with a paper clip

If you apply 12v with the key on you will blow the fuel pump or mpfi relay or worse

All cars have them on a 2g. There is a green one for the idle air control valve and a blue one for the fuel pump. They were below my intake on the firewall on my 2g

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back