The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel Pressure with 560's?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleTalonTim

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 10, 2007
Brighton, Tennessee
I just did some 2nd gear pulls in my Auto TSI and saw that I start getting knock at higher RPM's even though I have a rewired 255 installed. I currently have the base fuel pressure set at 38psi. Should I go higher? Is .28 gap on NGK BPR6ES too small to raise the boost to 18 psi? I am currently running 16psi. Profile has all mods listed :)

I believe you meant .028 instead of .28. And .028 is the recommended gap and no it won't be too close. As you go up in boost you should close the gap up if anything to prevent spark blow out. I still believe your problem is with timing as to why you are knocking. When you start running out of fuel your injector idc's will go up.

install w/b before turning up fuel pressure,if you dont know dont start guessing....bad things happen
that way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back