The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Fuel neck / lines leaking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AA91

Probationary Member
Nov 2, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
So my brother bought a 98 gst a few months back. Overall a clean car and was left 100% stock. That being said some factory parts are starting to show wear and tear. He started noticing a few weeks ago that when he was getting gas there was a leak somewhere. I tried to look into it a bit and I believe it has something to do with the fuel neck lines. This only happens when he is getting gas. 10 seconds or so after pumping it will stop leaking! I have attached a photo of the larger line running to the tank and it seems to be leaking around the clamp. ( this was after i wiped the gas off the hose) Also a short video of how much gas seems to leak while he is pumping gas.( this is from the rear of the car, sorry for not getting closer I didn't want to get that spicey fuel in the eyeballs!) I just wanted to get a few opinions before we started digging into this. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/lvEV9fI
https://imgur.com/Pgv2aRH

Last edited:
Yeah that looks super sketchy....I'd look into replacing that super rusty inlet and at least that clamp. Replacing the hose while you got it apart would just be good insurance since your already digging around there.

Had a friend buy a 95 talon AWD where the hanger/sensor and everything under the back seat behind the driver was all rusted out and the seal was toast. As soon as he pulled up the seat and took the hatch off there was a ton of fuel sitting on top of the tank where it leaked out. I mention this because it looks just like yours one day while he was fueling up at the pump and once it leaked enough fuel would stop but make a huge puddle. Maybe check those out too just to be safe. To be fair I never looked under his car like you did, I just saw the drips and puddle forming from another pump.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back