The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Fuel injectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scuba1x

Supporting VIP
Apr 19, 2011
FELTON, California
Will be getting my Evo3 turbo/PR FMIC/ECMLink soon.

Already have the 255lph and AFPR.

Which injectors are best to run with this set up: 550, 650, or larger?

Some are saying 550 are fine, others say 650 or larger..

Would like to close on the injector size today before ordering the Link.

Thanks!

It all depends on your goals. With link, you can't really go too big so I'd go with at least 1150s. Do you plan on using pump gas or E85? What HP goals do you have? Do you plan on going with a different turbo in the future?

I was using FIC Bluemax 1250s with my 16g because I had a feeling I would go with a larger turbo. I'm glad I went with the larger injectors as I'm now using a HX40.

I like the 1150's as they're very nice and easy to control in link (what I currently run). If you plan on going with a bigger turbo and E85, go 2150's.

Pretty much, go as big as your wallet can afford. There are some quirky sets, such as the 1600's that will give you issues trying to dial them in, which is why I recommend the two above sets.

Thanks for the info...... I don't mind going large, but had read that larger than 650 might be difficult to tune for idle....

Seems that was misinformation...

Current thinking is 16G is all I need for DD+

I don't have a specific HP goal, just want to squeeze out what I can with stock internals, bolt on, and tuning....
Was thinking about 264/272 cams (since i'm doing my TB +WP this weekend, but have been reading this is only ~10+HP gain, so not sure I'll ass the cams at the start of the build...what do you think???)

is there any difference in spray pattern/performance..?

not sure just the size is the only consideration...or am I wrong?

There are definitely some differences, but most are pretty close performance-wise I think. FIC just has a really good track record, good customer service, and their injector sets are flow-matched and come with a sheet that shows the actual flow test results, latency data, etc.

I've had excellent results with every FIC set I've owned (3 of them), but various issues with other brands (one in particular that I will never touch again...it wasn't PTE though).

YMMV of course.

ok...just ordered the BlueMax 1250cc.......:hellyeah:

w:)ill order the EMClink today as well...

Thanks

Any recomendations on FMIC? PR was recommended....

Want to get this on order today/tomorrow.....then I can get on with the build next weekend.......

Ok...so just finished ordering the EMCLink and the FMIC:hellyeah:

Part should arrive next week and I'll start the build....:thumb:

Thanks for everyones help!

BTW- Is there a good thread/site to help ith the EMCLink tuning???
Have never done data logging and tuning, so this is all new:hmm:

Thanks

Once you get the ecmlink you will have access to there website and forums. That's the best place to start IMHO.

Thanks for the info...... I don't mind going large, but had read that larger than 650 might be difficult to tune for idle....

You must have been thinking about an SAFC. The 1250s are very nice, good choice :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back