The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Front whels stick out too much!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FirstYearTalon

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 17, 2003
WashingtonUS
The front wheels on my 90 talon have always stuck out farther than I thought they should have and I can't seem to figure out why. I checked all of my suspension parts and nothing seems loose or out of place. It's done this with stock wheels even, the tire tread actually extends past the fender like 3/4"-1" I'd like to lower it in the near future but I don't think I could till I fix this. What could cause this?

BTW my current wheels are 17x8x40mm.

Stealth spacers maybe? Brake rotors too thick?

In all seriousness, when was the last time you had an alignment done? You may be running positive camber on the front end, causing the tops of the wheels to stick out further than they should.

Can we get a spell check on that subject title?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back