The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Front side skirt blocks same on 2ga and 2gb?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RallyEclipse98

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2007
Dallas, Texas
Hi guys,

My ball joint broke and sent the wheels careening into the front fenders. One fender is tweaked (will try to fix - need to research more on that surely someone has done it for a 2g) and the other fender is fine. But the side skirt blocks - for lack of a better term - are smashed in. I live far from any decent junkyards but just called one who said they just got in a white 1996 Eclipse. Are the door blocks on a '96 the same as on my '99?

I've looked through a bunch of pics and they appear to be the same. Although I just want to make sure there aren't mounted differently or something before I drive the 130 miles to the junkyard (no joke).

Or if anyone has a few white door side skirt blocks they want to get rid of...

Thank you!

They should be the same from an Eclipse to Eclipse, I've had both and never noticed a difference. For reference All 2g sideskirts mount the same with the exception of one or two mount holes that differ from Talon to Eclipse.

The door caps are different, 2ga is thicker than 2gb. Not sure if that makes the side skirts change thou. I would imagine using 2ga door caps with 2gb side skirts would look funny. I'm using 2gb door caps on my 95 gst and they are much thinner. I like the look LOL.

Last edited:
They are not the same part and a 95 door cap sticks out way too far over the 97-99 side skirt.

I can remember which combination it was, but one of the door caps will actually prevent the door from opening all the way (I think a 97 cap on a 95 would do that)

Hope you didnt just waste a day because of the first two posters. It will fit but it will look like junk

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back