The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Front cv Axles talon 91 awd Manuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheGameTG

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 22, 2012
Brooklyn, New_York
I am looking for stock replacement Cx axles for the front driver side and passenger side for a 91 talon awd Manuel what would be the best parts store besides autozone advance etc.
Yes I know there have been threads about this before they are all outdated most of them from 2009 with old info and I was looking at Raxles but they don't make axles no more called the guy myself

I'm running lifetime warranty Oreilly's, but I hear that NAPA has decent ones. I also stole a set out of my donor car that are factory and in like new shape.

I'm running lifetime warranty Oreilly's, but I hear that NAPA has decent ones. I also stole a set out of my donor car that are factory and in like new shape.
And the ones from O'Reillys have no fitment issues ? And if so can I have the part numbers please

Last edited:
When I am home I think I still have the original boxes as that is what I am storing my OEM axles in, but they are buried deep in my shop. I know I have them but I am at work and it gets dark about the time I get home so the shop is also dark but I will see what I can do and yes they fit perfect. I didn't have time to do a clutch job so I had to farm it out and then 2 weeks later I developed a rod knock but have a engine just about finished to go back together with everything so when I took it apart they came apart easy and have the correct snap rings on them. I have found that the ones with "squared" edge snap rings are not as friendly as the "round" edge snap rings when you are putting them in so look at them before you buy and try to get the round edge ones, not the blunt, square edge ones if you don't want to say bad words all afternoon while you "try" to get them to go in. MTC

PM me.

Any other success story's with other company's such autozone advance etc

No but they are available. I have a business account with Orielly's and my son (Black97Spyder) used to work there so I do most of my business with them. I have a friend that got some from Advance Auto in Kalamazoo MI and they came with the squared off retaining rings....he had a lot of problems and finally took them back. One word of advice is order yours in and if they come with the squared retaining rings, swap out your old ones onto the new CV shafts and you will save yourself a bunch of time and swearing!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back