The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Automatic AWD Front Axles

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK Thunder

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Ok im having one hell of a time finding the right information.
Both of my front outer CV axle boots blew and now the bearing cages are toast :banghead:, so im in the market for new CV axles.

I dont have much of an issue looking for the passenger side axle, but the driver side half shaft... not so lucky.
Now my question.. Will the driver side half shaft from an manual trans fit in the place of an auto trans half shaft? from what ive looked up (been at this for about a month now) they should fit :pray:, but i dont want to order a half shaft only to find out that it wont fit:notgood:

i just swapped axles in my Auto AWD. i used axles from a 5spd that i parted out. HOWEVER you will have to reuse the inner driver-side shaft that bolts to the block (from the AUTO). I forget what that part is called... If you have just axles from a 5spd you are fine, if you have the whole assembly(from a 5spd) on the drivers side you will have to do the swap...
help??

tim

Well the intermediate shaft is fine, just the half shaft CV joint is ******. Thanks for the info, i feel alot better about ordering the half shaft now :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back