The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

FREE NASA Pro Racing HPDE Day (Socal) - want it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
We're giving away a free one day pass for a HPDE (High Performance Driver Education) day at Willow Springs Raceway. It's in the southern California area, so the pass will go to someone who lives in that region. Information about the NASA HPDE events can be found here:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/hpde/index.html

Info about Willow Springs Raceway can be found here:
http://www.willowspringsraceway.com

In order to receive the free pass, all we ask is that you reply to this thread with a brief write-up about why you want to get into racing and tell us who has influenced your racing passion. After you've done this write-up, send me an email directly and use "HPDE Entry" for the subject name and give me your contact info, shipping address, etc.

The recipient of this free pass will need to register with NASA (if not already a member) to be able to participate in the event. Registration will cost $40 for 1 year. With your membership, you'll receive a free one year subscription to Grassroots Motorsports magazine.

We'll choose the recipient within two weeks depending on the number of entries.

I'd love to get a shot at Willow Springs; having a chance to really see the extent to which my car can operate, and if I myself up to the task of actually driving on a purpose-made course, rather than just having fun on mountain roads. More importantly, it'd be great to have an experienced driver with me to point out flaws in how I drive, or suggest better alternatives; all that I know has come from trial and error, tidbits online, and as much as it sounds corny, racing simulators like Gran Turismo 4 (how to take a smooth line through a turn, straight line braking).
Professional racing seems like a monolithic thing... always hear about people managing to get a sponsor, but they always have a foot-in. This could be that chance.. and even if it isn't, still get to have fun and learn a lot.

Influences... well, I suppose the biggest influence was my buddy Opie, who started it off when he dragged me along to a drag time trial in my little N/T Mirage. The rush of actually letting the car run broke a part of me inside.. driving stopped being point-A to point-B, and became more about feeling the car move, and encouraging it to run its best. Finding out how high I'd placed didn't hurt either, sneaking past two V6es. :)
The second part had to be from my Dad. He kept it quiet, but he used to be quite a gearhead.. ended up doing a brake rebuild wrong and totalling his '68 Mustang. Sold it off for a song and never looked back. He's given me plenty of encouragement, as well as good overall advice.

Talesin said:
I'd love to get a shot at Willow Springs; having a chance to really see the extent to which my car can operate, and if I myself up to the task of actually driving on a purpose-made course, rather than just having fun on mountain roads. More importantly, it'd be great to have an experienced driver with me to point out flaws in how I drive, or suggest better alternatives; all that I know has come from trial and error, tidbits online, and as much as it sounds corny, racing simulators like Gran Turismo 4 (how to take a smooth line through a turn, straight line braking).
Professional racing seems like a monolithic thing... always hear about people managing to get a sponsor, but they always have a foot-in. This could be that chance.. and even if it isn't, still get to have fun and learn a lot.

Influences... well, I suppose the biggest influence was my buddy Opie, who started it off when he dragged me along to a drag time trial in my little N/T Mirage. The rush of actually letting the car run broke a part of me inside.. driving stopped being point-A to point-B, and became more about feeling the car move, and encouraging it to run its best. Finding out how high I'd placed didn't hurt either, sneaking past two V6es. :)
The second part had to be from my Dad. He kept it quiet, but he used to be quite a gearhead.. ended up doing a brake rebuild wrong and totalling his '68 Mustang. Sold it off for a song and never looked back. He's given me plenty of encouragement, as well as good overall advice.
The pass is yours. Email me your personal info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back