The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

FP green vs FP green xl

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clipto

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 8, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Me and my friend was looking on fp site and was wondering whats the difference FP green vs FP green xl? What one would be better to get?

Depending on your set up. I would go with the Green XL, personally. It flows more.

Ya seems that way just confused why on there website that the green makes 540hp would produce more hp then the green xl rating 450-500. But I do see the xl flows 5 more lbs/min. It's just a confusing site is all.

I recently aquired a fp green xl, pretty thrilled to see what it can do. I agree though, the site is kinda weird with descriptions. The fp green xl seems like a better option in terms of whats on paper. We shall see!

Sup.

Ones rated in HP the other in WHP.

Guess I could just edit it so it's the same.

One second.

-Michael

Here is why the Green XL exists.

I had a bunch of 3" 76MM covers and a bunch of 65MM turbine wheels.

So it'll spool quicker than a red but slower than a green despite having the same turbine wheel.

It'll flow more than a Green but less than a red, despite having the same compressor wheel.

-Michael

Sort-of like comparing a TD05H 20G to a TD06H 20G for those who may understand it better. The smaller turbine will spool quicker but will have more turbine backpressure which raises EGT's, something that pump gas and internal wastegates don't really like too much.

If you're wanting to run a high boost level or make any amount of power on pump gas, go for the XL. :thumb:

Here is why the Green XL exists.

I had a bunch of 3" 76MM covers and a bunch of 65MM turbine wheels.

So it'll spool quicker than a red but slower than a green despite having the same turbine wheel.

It'll flow more than a Green but less than a red, despite having the same compressor wheel.

-Michael

So what happens when you get an 84mm cover on the Green XL, does the green XL become a Red?

Great info that is exactly what I was looking for specs on each turbo.

So what happens when you get an 84mm cover on the Green XL, does the green XL become a Red?

The 84mm is the compressor side inlet, where you hook your intake pipe up to. The 76mm that Michael referred to is the compressor wheel profile on the inside of the compressor cover. 76HTA is our "RED" compressor wheel but the GREEN XL is mated to the smaller 65mm turbine wheel from our regular GREEN model turbochargers, thus making it not quite a RED, but something in between the GREEN and RED standard configurations.

IF you dont mind me asking Robert, What mm is the fp red turbine wheel?

The RED uses our 67mm turbine wheel.

Thanks for the info Amber. It should be really interesting to see what my "hybrid" Green XL does when I turn up the wick. I should have the car on the road this coming weekend. As I tune and start tapping some potential I'll report back with spool characteristics, airflow and eventually HP/TQ numbers.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back