The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

FP Green - best choice + what else is needed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Rohr

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 19, 2003
Best, Montana
It is time to upgrade from my EVO16g and I think the Green is best for me. I have seen the Bullseys and some of the other 50 trim stuff but I think the Green has the best and most reliable track record, even though it is more money. Am I right?

I have a big FMIC, 2G mani, 650s, 3" exhaust, clutch, etc but what else will I need to install a Green on my 1G? I am not talking about supporting mods, I want to know what parts (hoses, pipes, cutting, hacking, etc) will be required to bolt the turbo to my car.

I sure hope the Green will make ~50whp more on pump gas than my EVO16g :D

Call forced performance to find out. All your answers are a phone call away.

FyxxterZC said:
Call forced performance to find out. All your answers are a phone call away.

Sure I can called FP to ask about the installation parts but I would like an unbiased view on the Green's performance vs some of the other offerings on the market. Are there other pump-gas turbos that are as good or is the Green #1 if you've got the money to spend?

I personally run an FP green. Its a very nice turbo. Its been around a while so it is proven, FP has an amazing track record so the quality is top notch, but pricing is very expensive. I bought my turbo used, if I were to buy it brand new I wouldnt as for the same cost I could get a ball bearing turbo with the new Garrett GT wheels. I have pretty much all the supporting mods, 1g head/manifold/TB, FMIC, SSQV, 880s, 255lph HP, DSMlink, FP2 cams, 38mm Tial, 3" O2, 3" downpipe, 3" gutted cat, Apexi N1 catback, etc etc. I currently run 24psi on pump gas, but without some form of timing control dont expect to run that. 650's will not be enough for this turbo, you will very easily outflow them. I have managed to record 47.3lb/min on pump gas with DSMlink, which is VERY nice. An Evo3 16g generally sees 38-40lb/min at most, so a solid 8-10lb/min gain on pump gas is a very solid figure. I see full spool by 3800rpms as logged by DSMlink in 3rd gear flooring it initially at 2000rpms. The turbo is a very nice 50trim bolt on, there are other cheaper 50trim turbos out there at this point, however the Green is very proven as youve said, so you can make your own decision based on this.

From AGP? Is this a high quality unit or one of the questionable Bulls*ye based units? Would it have similar characteristics to the Green?

From PTE? These guys list so many different turbos on their site, is te .63 AR big enough? How does the quality compare?

I am convinced the Green is a killer turbo for my needs (thanks 16g-95gsx for the feedback) but A) it is expensive and B) it is older technology. If it is worth the 20-40% premium over the others I will buy it, if not I should look at other options. S omany DSMers are cheap buggers but I am willing to spend the extra dollar to get the best product.

Rob Rohr said:
From AGP? Is this a high quality unit or one of the questionable Bulls*ye based units? Would it have similar characteristics to the Green?

From PTE? These guys list so many different turbos on their site, is te .63 AR big enough? How does the quality compare?

I am convinced the Green is a killer turbo for my needs (thanks 16g-95gsx for the feedback) but A) it is expensive and B) it is older technology. If it is worth the 20-40% premium over the others I will buy it, if not I should look at other options. S omany DSMers are cheap buggers but I am willing to spend the extra dollar to get the best product.

it is no doubt a killer turbo and very proven. what rpm range does it spool at though? that is the one thing i cant seem to find anywhere. like where abouts would it make 20psi. im thinking of going the agp route, especially with the turbonetics warranty on there, and ive heard really good things about the bullseye housings, so it is probably a damn good turbo. however, it is hard to find info about the green.

also with the green you would need the same supporting mods as any 50 trim... about 660cc injectors, fpr, something to tune, etc. you probably have most of that with the 16g though.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back