The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

FP Green?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So how much does it flow? Same?

The 73HTA compressor has a 54lb/min rating and a max speed of 152krpm operates at a max pressure ratio of 4.5:1 has a inducer diameter of 52.6mm and a exducer of , you guessed it, 73mm.

On cold days I have measured as much as 58lb/min in my own car.

BOOSTON!

Robert Young

Hey Robert what would you recommend when oiling this turbo. Just got the FP green and I was told I could run it off the OFH with no restrictor. I have no bs in my motor with pressures 30psi warm idle, 60psi cruising, and I think about 80psi at WOT. I just want to make sure I won't need some sort of restrictor.

I did get the inline oil filter you guys provide, am hoping that will help. Am just trying to make sure as I have killed a 50trim before because of my high oil pressures and I don't want it to happen to this turbo.

Run it from the OFH if you can, but running more that 70 of oil pressure to the turbo can make it leak even if it is brand new depending on oil viscosity temp etc, it happens when the oil cant make it down the drain via gravity power fast enough. Running our inline filter from the OFH usually gives good results unless you have freaky-high oil pressure. The bearings in the turbo want to see between 15psi and 70psi depending on shaft speed, at idle 15psi is fine but when the turbo gets up to full speed and load oil pressure needs to be close to 70psi to give good lifespan.

Run it from the OFH if you can, but running more that 70 of oil pressure to the turbo can make it leak even if it is brand new depending on oil viscosity temp etc, it happens when the oil cant make it down the drain via gravity power fast enough. Running our inline filter from the OFH usually gives good results unless you have freaky-high oil pressure. The bearings in the turbo want to see between 15psi and 70psi depending on shaft speed, at idle 15psi is fine but when the turbo gets up to full speed and load oil pressure needs to be close to 70psi to give good lifespan.

Gotcha thanks for the tips. I've been running Mobil 1 10w-30 for years on this motor. I've tried getting the oil pressure down but it has never worked. I've done extensive porting of the OFH and even cut one link off the spring which did help a little. The reason for me asking is because my last turbo was a DBB so I was never worried about the oil pressure with the restrictor I had in it and since the Green is journal i was a little worried.

Either way I got the turbo up and running and it doesn't smoke at idle or anything or the sort. So at least the inline filter is doing its job. Time will tell.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back