The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Forward Facing Oil Filter Housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleGarage

Proven Member
Feb 19, 2017
Richardson, Texas
So I was looking at some old threads but I'm still fairly confused.

One stated that the port to use for turbo feed would be the bottom port underneath the "E." The other port is apparently used for the oil pressure sensor.

Now what made me start to question this is when I looked on performance partout, their picture displays the pressure sensor at the bottom which contradicts what I saw others saying.

If anyone is running one could you please provide some insight? As of right now im looking at ordering a 90 degree 1/8 NPT to 4AN to feed my turbo.

It contradicts what others were saying, how?

Do note that the FFOFH never was intended to feed a turbo. And it generally will only have the one port underneath the E, as Performance Partout's picture shows. It just so happens that that port below the E is post-filter, which is what you'd want to send to a turbo. So, in order to feed the turbo, you repurpose the port for the oil pressure sensors. If you want to add another port at the boss just to the right of the E, that's fine - just know that it should only be used for sensors as it is pre-filter.

So there's two filters to this? I would get rid of this post filter to go ahead and use it as a feed for the turbo? But then this would mean I would be feeding unfiltered oil to my turbo? This is my first engine build so Im fairly new to all this and the only reason I'm switching is to clear space for my downpipe.

No, no. There's one filter. There's two internal ports: one port is before the filter ( before oil had been filtered) - accessing this port would require drilling and tapping the housing; one is after the filter (after oil had been filtered) the one below the E, which has an access port built in.

Unless you utilize the one port below the E for both the feed and sensors, but it would require an adapter of sorts, like a T. Just because this can be done doesn't necessarily mean it should be done as anything hanging off the housing is a concern and additional weight has been known to cause cracks in the housing due to excessive vibrations. My suggestion would be to drill and tap the housing for your sensor(s).

Last edited:
Here's how I did mine. Remote oil manifold inline to turbo, all sensors on that filtered line off the ffofh.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

^
That is the best way to do it. Always remote mount when you can. Prevents fitting from breaking off and the sensors live much longer being away from vibration.

Precisely why I did this. Originally had a "T" fitting on that port and my oil pressure would bounce all over on the gauge, then one day it stopped working (bit of a panic moment there). I didn't feel like replacing $100 sensors that often, so I remote mounted them using a cheap vacuum block with 1/8th npt holes and welded -4an fittings on ends of the manifold. I have my factory pressure and dummy light, as well as my aftermarket pressure and temp sensors there.

That is the way we set ours up too. Remote.....always.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back