The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

FMU install ?'s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMcrazy3

N/T DSM Wiseman
DSM Wiseman
Dec 29, 2004
Humble, Texas
I'm installing my OBX 12:1 FMU and i have a few questions. First of all i have a 95 so i know i can do this in the engine bay, and not down by the Fuel tank. Anyways does it matter if the hoses run to the FMU before or after the Fuel Filter? Secondly, Which hoses go where? i know the vaccum goes on the back, but the 2 on the front i'm confused about. On the picture i posted are the captions right?

Attachments

• FMU pic.JPG
    FMU pic.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 3,171
Hey man I'm sorry, I told you wrong in the first PM I sent you, so I drew you a picture to help you understand what I am talking about in the second PM. Here it goes,
Andy

Attachments

• FMU.bmp
    453.6 KB · Views: 2,645
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure your stock FPR is back by the tank, and you have a single fuel line going to the driver's side of your fuel rail. Your only other option besides mounting your FMU back there would be to run a return line all the way from your test port on the passenger side of the rail and convert the system to a supply-only line and a return-only line with the FMU on it.

Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure your stock FPR is back by the tank, and you have a single fuel line going to the driver's side of your fuel rail. Your only other option besides mounting your FMU back there would be to run a return line all the way from your test port on the passenger side of the rail and convert the system to a supply-only line and a return-only line with the FMU on it.

Yes, 96'+ models have the fpr back by the tank. The passenger side of the fuel rail has a schrader valve. This is considered a "returnless" fuel system. The return fuel line comes off the top of the fpr and is about 6" long.
85552d1216568173-installing-s-fmu-450cc-injectors-fuelsystemswfmu.jpg

With the 96'+ models you can choose between config #1 and #2.
Either remove the schrader valve and run a new return line. I assume people that do this put their fmu in the engine bay.
Or you can put it (the fmu) back by the tank, like this....
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...uild-420a-stage-2-turbo-kit-under-1000-a.html

Regardless, you can mount the fmu wherever you want as long as it's in the return line after the fpr.

Edit: Here is a picture of the fuel filter/fpr/return line. Underneath the car by the rear passenger wheel. Ignore the circle.
85825d1217381760-turbo-build-dscn1316.jpg

There has been alot of questions about this latley...

Edit: It must be turboing season...

so in all.. the stock FPR is being deleted???

so to get a lilttle clear its going to go from fuel rail to FMU then to tank? and the FPR used to be where the FMU is at now?

so in all.. the stock FPR is being deleted???

so to get a lilttle clear its going to go from fuel rail to FMU then to tank? and the FPR used to be where the FMU is at now?

The stock FPR isn't going anywhere, the FMU is being installed downstream of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back