The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

FMU help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

EDITED: Because Terry just can't stand a little imperfection... :p

N/T - Turbo Conversion :confused:

He can't post in the turbo conversion forum yet.

But now that the question has been answered, I'll move it there for posterity. :)

Configuration #2 on the bottom, notice the lack of a fuel return line our stock fuel systems, but configuration #1 is for people who have setup a fuel return line in their late fuel systems (96+)

sorry to sound like a newb but can someone tell me what a fmu does ? im thinking about turboing my car, ive been researching prices and whats needed and all that good stuff.. im not a newb when it comes to turbos and stuff like that but a fmu and a missing link ive never really heard of until the other day when reading gsgoinfast's on how to turbo a
420a, ive looked and found that a missing link is a valve that releases pressure for the map so it doesn't send a wrong signal to cut fuel during boost ? am i correct? sorry to rob your thread but i didn't want to create a new one just for this and figured since this is about.. thanks for the help;) oh yea i also own a 97

N/T FPRs only adjust fuel pressure when the intake manifold is under vacuum - they don't work under boost. FMUs pick up where the stock FPRs leave off and raise the fuel pressure in accordance to boost. It all depends on what ratio the FMU is set at: for example, a 12:1 FMU will raise the fuel pressure 12psi for every 1psi of boost. Higher fuel pressure translates into more fuel entering the combustion chamber, which, of course is necessary since there is also more air because of the turbo.

In some cars (96+ models), the ECU will read any positive pressure inside the intake manifold as a malfunction and threat to the vehicle, so fuel is cut to prevent engine damage. Missing links, like you said, bleed off pressure, so the MAP sensor can't report positive pressure to the ECU. Fuel cut defenders (FCD), achieve the same result by interfering with the electronic signal from the MAP sensor.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back