The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

flywheel resurfacing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talontsi3

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2006
keene, New_Hampshire
Im getting my act 2100 put in tomorrow and I was wondering if there was any certain spec that the flywheel needed to be for this cluth I thought I saw somewehre there was. (stock flywheel) Thanks again.

As far as machining, the shop that is doing the machining will know what to do. Make sure when they resurface they flywheel the take the same amount of material off the raised part as the contact surface itself that way it doesn't mess up the distance the disk has to move to hit the flywheel.

Ok so theres no special specifications for the fly wheel? Thank you. and for not being a pile.

You have to take a massive amount off to be out of spec. I have had one machined 3 times and still in spec. Not sure on the exact number but any machine shop will have a book to refer to just like with rotors. Spec for the step is .608-.612

Some clutches work better with slightly different steps, but .610-.612 is the general consensus.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back