The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

first start up with sd (idle log)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcarmichael

10+ Year Contributor
May 3, 2011
Greenwood, Indiana
I finally got around to switching over to sd and putting my bigger injectors in. sending the injectors off to ecmtuning and having tom check them out paid off for me quite a bit. I used the how to tune a 1g sd with no maf write up. The only thing that I had to change on it was where I was logging my map sensor. as the person doing the write up used the egr pin instead of the baro. no big deal easy fix with little research. on first start up everything looks good from what I can tell. air flow per rev was at .25 with light fluctuation, and combined ft was +/- 5% from zero, negative more times then positive but still with in spec.

Now to the problem, idle was great however if I push the gas pedal it bogs down for a second like a miss. I would like to fix that before I do the cruise log.

thanks for the help as always
Josh

Attachments

• first sd idle log.elg
    177.7 KB · Views: 45
I will do that first, I have so many things up on my display completely over looked tps. Then I will search some more, what I found last night is it will usually rev down if your going really lean. however I am not sure where to start if thats the case.

same problem as before, every time I do a log with the engine turned off and fluctuate the throttle from wot to closed completely. it reads zero and 100 and I redo the tps adjust. however once I start the car, it reads 1 percent. I did however adjust the bizz screw and its at 30 now. I tried to find a thread on the actual adjustment of the tps sensor. found alot of information on it but somewhat conflicting info. vfaqs method says test ohms, where as everyone else says test volts. on pin 1. however with it reading .67v at idle is that going to be my issue?

I am not sure what to do here, the isc was reading 30 at one point now it is up to 58 as low as I can get it to go and the idles at 1500. I am going to hit up a friend down here and try and get the one he has off of him to see if there is a difference. the lag is from the leanest.

here are some short cruise logs tried to do some sd adjust with the cruises. temps where getting way high assuming from the engine running lean.

Attachments

• log.2012.03.18-06.elg
    248.9 KB · Views: 33
  • log.2012.03.18-05.elg
    216.6 KB · Views: 35
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back