The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Filter Location When Feeding from OFH

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul@RTM

Supporting Vendor
Oct 24, 2012
Hamilton, ON_Canada
I've done some searching but have been unable to find enough responses to draw any conclusions. It seems some guys put the filter right at the fitting at the filter housing, while others use a two-line setup with the filter in the middle somewhere. What are the advantages/disavantages of each? If the filter is right at the OFH aren't there interference issues? Does the filter have to be oriented in some awkward way? Thanks in advance.

I suppose I should clarify what I mean by "filter". I'm talking about the -4AN inline oil filter for the turbo feed line (FP is the most common one). I'm certainly NOT talking about the main engine filter that gives the OFH its name.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back