The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

fake carbon fiber hood, hood painted to look like CF

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTurboEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2002
Bay Area, California
I had it painted to look like carbon fiber! It looks so real a lot of people didn't believe it was paint. House of color paint. Painted by 3D Custom Paint.

Hood.jpg

Hood_zoom.jpg

his profile says cf hood, and here are pics of the owner's car.. if you are questioning if the pictures of his car has a real cf hood, or the fake one he is selling above... then either way the fake one is working... :shhh:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

a member is actually selling it, i was in some disbelief at first..

Message - DSM Classifieds

The amount of time and money put into painting that thing probably would have bought him a real CF hood. A real CF hood comes with the fact it's lighter than stock as well.

Pretty sweet. I have never seen that before.

The amount of time and money put into painting that thing probably would have bought him a real CF hood. A real CF hood comes with the fact it's lighter than stock as well.

yeah i was about to say the same thing.

in my opinion..thats bordering on....rice.......'oh look my hood looks like carbon fiber..but wait, it stills weighs the same'

thats sick!! imma give that a try soon :D

yeah i was about to say the same thing.

in my opinion..thats bordering on....rice.......'oh look my hood looks like carbon fiber..but wait, it stills weighs the same'

you can always skin the hood to make it lighter.

I have a idea for this process. How about if you use this method to repaint a CF hood that has been damaged by the gel coat cracking or heat damage. Then that way you can fix that damaged CF hood and still get the look you are after. Plus when you redo the paint, you get to add a clearcoat (Although you should get a CF hood clearcoated when you first get it) Just my opinion

Interesting. The only time I think it would be appropriate to do something like this would be if you had a cf hood, cf hatch, and cf sunroof plug...Then you could paint the rest of the roof to match the cf look if that's what you're into. That might look ok.

The ultimate rice. Looks like CF, none of the benefits and barely any of the cost.

I was just thinking the same thing!

Because you can?

NO because the RICER driving is trying to look cool for the LADIES and ads the turbo muffler

and then tells the ladies his car is fast

but thats when i come in the 97 and fck his game all up

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back