The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1G Factory Tach doesn't work after removed cluster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbotsi92

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 15, 2004
Morgantown, West_Virginia
I removed my entire gauge cluster and dash to remove all of my heating equipment. I put the dash and the cluster all back in, and now my tach doesn't work. All the other gauges work fine except the tack. I took the cluster back out and tried to plug it back in a few times, but i have nothing. I was very careful about removing everything (didn't pull or tear any wires). Since those clusters just plug in is it possible something in the cluster itself went bad, or what?

Check all your fuses just to make sure there's nothing wrong with any of them. If all your wiring is set-up right and none of the wires are faulty then I don't see what else it could be unless there's something wrong with the tach gauge itself.

Uh, FYI. the members thread is 16 years old. Just look at the date on the threads before posting, as I know you are new. It is an honest mistake. I would be blown away if the member DOES answer. OMG :)
Anyway, just pointing it out.
Happy DSMing!
Marty

Uh, FYI. the members thread is 16 years old.

And if you click on the members name it will tell you the last time they were here. If it's been awhile you can guess how likely it is that they will answer.

Uh, FYI. the members thread is 16 years old. Just look at the date on the threads before posting, as I know you are new. It is an honest mistake. I would be blown away if the member DOES answer. OMG :)
Anyway, just pointing it out.
Happy DSMing!
Marty
I did notice but Iv been searching for a couple days as Iv been having the same problem but haven’t found any threads with the fix only really old threads, appreciate it though I’ll keep looking!

I did notice but Iv been searching for a couple days as Iv been having the same problem but haven’t found any threads with the fix only really old threads, appreciate it though I’ll keep looking!

Perhaps that's because this isn't a common problem and in the few cases it's often due to something other than the cluster.

Open a new thread, describe in detail the symptoms, behavour, and what you're done to diagnose the issue.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back