The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Exhaust Manifold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpoolN

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 20, 2003
Coventry, Rhode_Island
Looking for a new exhaust manifold. Was wondering what you guys this the best one out on the market is. I dont know exactly what turbo Im gonna run. THinking along the lines of a GT35r, or something simalar. Had a 50trim but Im trying to sell it, so i was wondering what one would flow the best, any info would be great,
Thanks

If price doesn't matter then yes shearer all the way. But you could also look at SLS or DNP.

If price isn't a problem Full Race hands down. But you also have shearer and victory performance that also make great manifolds. StraightLine Specialities also make great turbular manifolds.

OBX has a nice looking knock off of FULL RACE's exhaust manifold, DNP has a good one, SBR cast t3 flanged manifolds are good, Straightline Specialties are really good looking. All of those look great, and I would go with every single one of them, but if price matters the OBX or DNP, by the way this OBX that I am talking about looks to be quality, and the likes of Paul (99gst_racer) are using it and others have good things to say about it.

Dustin

I've owned the following manifolds: Magnus Motorsports, SFP T3, HKS cast T4, and a Shearer Fab. That's my order of prefernce from least to greatest. The Shearer model is by far the top dog. The quality of the product is very obvious.

You can't say too much around here without the moderators censoring it, so I guess that's about all that can be said without having the whole post disappear.

If you like Shearer Fab. then you will like the Full Race manifold...or for 4x less the OBX manifold.

Dustin

Unless things have changed, finding a person who actually owns a full-race manifold for a DSM are few and far between. They didn't at the time I was buying have any idea if a GT40R compressor housing would clear. I've seen one on a Honda and it looked quite nice.

There are more Shearer manifolds on DSMs. Ron probably has more information on what will fit and what won't. He is also willing to supply a top notch full exhaust (o2/downpipe/dump tube) if you're interested. The top mount unit will fit everything up to a GT42R.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back