1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Street Build Evo7 swap project

Year:
Model/Trim:
Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Dsmhuman

Dsmhuman Probationary Member

Joined Sep 12, 2019
    Vancouver, Washington

Street Build 179  8

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  2. Dsmhuman

Dsmhuman Probationary Member

Joined Sep 12, 2019
    Vancouver, Washington
    Howdy everyone! How’s a going? so the plan was to gather whatever drivetrain componants I could and get as much together as possible before buying an engine to swap in and that’s what I’ve done. I’ll list what I’ve gathered and what it’s used for, if anyone sees anything out of place, or has questions or info to add or anything helpful, it would be super appreciated. Also going to be starting up a YouTube build channel to document the process.

For anyone wanting to do this swap; IT WILL be time consuming, even if you can do it thrifty, it will still cost a lot. That being said, the DSM community is really helpful and friendly overall, and everyone I’ve met in relation to my build has been great energy about it. Evo community? Ehhhhh, their not baaad. But I’m ironically painting evo parts gold.

Okay, back to the build,
    What I have:
    - 1999 eclipse rs complete, bone stock maybe AM sunroof? Idk.
    - Evo 7 long block 4g63T
    -Evo 7 ECU
    - Evo 4 trans/tcase
    - Evo 4 drive shaft
    - GSX drive shaft
    - GSX long subframe bolts
    - 3.307 automatic* GSX LSD
    - 2g GSX rear subframe, control arms, knuckles, hubs
    - 2g GSX rear LSD axles.
    -2g GSX Gas Tank assembly incl filler neck.
    - 2g GSX driveshaft and exhaust brackets
    - 3g shift linkages and shifter base.
    - evo 7 engine harness
    -

What I still need:
    - Evo 5/6 front axles(someone put these damn things back in production.)
    - Clutch and starter, need to research.
    - FMIC
    - 3g break booster
    - 3g master cyl
    - custom down/flex pipe
    - radiator to fit
    - front and rear evo brembo setup

would basically just like to discuss everything evo swap related. Is anyone out there working at this besides zergbush and Miguel? Shout outs to both of them for laying out the blueprint!

Street Build 179  8

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM