The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Evo7 swap project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howdy everyone! How’s a going? so the plan was to gather whatever drivetrain componants I could and get as much together as possible before buying an engine to swap in and that’s what I’ve done. I’ll list what I’ve gathered and what it’s used for, if anyone sees anything out of place, or has questions or info to add or anything helpful, it would be super appreciated. Also going to be starting up a YouTube build channel to document the process.

For anyone wanting to do this swap; IT WILL be time consuming, even if you can do it thrifty, it will still cost a lot. That being said, the DSM community is really helpful and friendly overall, and everyone I’ve met in relation to my build has been great energy about it. Evo community? Ehhhhh, their not baaad. But I’m ironically painting evo parts gold.

Okay, back to the build,
What I have:
- 1999 eclipse rs complete, bone stock maybe AM sunroof? Idk.
- Evo 7 long block 4g63T
-Evo 7 ECU
- Evo 4 trans/tcase
- Evo 4 drive shaft
- GSX drive shaft
- GSX long subframe bolts
- 3.307 automatic* GSX LSD
- 2g GSX rear subframe, control arms, knuckles, hubs
- 2g GSX rear LSD axles.
-2g GSX Gas Tank assembly incl filler neck.
- 2g GSX driveshaft and exhaust brackets
- 3g shift linkages and shifter base.
- evo 7 engine harness
-

What I still need:
- Evo 5/6 front axles(someone put these damn things back in production.)
- Clutch and starter, need to research.
- FMIC
- 3g break booster
- 3g master cyl
- custom down/flex pipe
- radiator to fit
- front and rear evo brembo setup

would basically just like to discuss everything evo swap related. Is anyone out there working at this besides zergbush and Miguel? Shout outs to both of them for laying out the blueprint!

can anyone explain the dynamic of the 3.307 rear diff ratio in relation to the evo trans, particularly the iv. The 5/6 appear to have a 3.307 rear diff whereas the evo 4 has a 3.312. Is this something that I should be worried about? I found a thread where someone was asking a similar question about an evo swap in a Peugeot, some sad bad news, some say its close enough to be safe.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back