The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVO 8 recaro seats in a 2g: the question/soon to be tech article

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have the Recaro's in mine and whoever made the brackets either intentionally or really didn't think it out made the seats to where they sit probably 3 or more inches of the floor of the car. It's entirely to much space in between the floor and seat. I'm not sure what sliders were used, may have been homemade. I'll grab some pics here in a few.

I'm going to have to modify them because my head hits the roof and my knees hit the steering wheel here and there sometimes ( I like to keep the steering wheel dropped down a bit to get a complete view of the cluster).

Hmm, doesn't seem hard to make. Has anyone tried adapting the 2g sliders and bracket to just mount to the recaro seat? I dont know hoe the sliders attach to the recaro's but it looks easy to take the 2g ones off at least

I've tried, but was way to high.
The steering wheel lay on my knees and it felt like driving bus.

I took the recaro ones, put the eclipse feet under it.
Took the middle ones like it was and for the outer ones it needed to build an adapterplate, the evo seatpanel is 2" tighter...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thought i would share a pic, theyve been in for about a year.

I like the seats from a lancer ralliart (evo 8 and 9 bodystyle). My son has a 2006 ralliart and they are very comfortable. I managed to score a set today and I'm guessing the hardware and sliders are identical to evo.
No reason to change the design as the interiors of the car are nearly if not completely identical. Anybody got any comments here before I start fabbing brackets?

I just bought a set of Evo 9 seats and am about to order the Wedge brackets. If I order the brackets with the double lock sliders, will that replace the stock Evo 9 sliders essentially lowering the seat placement?

Here is a link to what I mean:
http://wedgebrackets.com/mitsubishi-eclipse-1995-1999-seat-brackets.html

Or do I just order the regular seat brackets($89) and bolt it up to the Evo sliders? This method I assume is where people discuss the seat placement being too tall.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back