The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

EVO 8 recaro seats in a 2g: the question/soon to be tech article

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Picked up some Evo 9 recaro's for 800 :D. They arrived and i promptly began taking out my "Bomz" passenger seat (prev owner) to see if i could get em in. Was thinking i could just drill new holes in the brackets that the bomz were mounted in. Well turns out the Bomz were mounted on Corbeau brackets and had holes drilled for them, guess the car had Beaus in it at some point? :confused:.
The Recaro's seem SUPER wide with their stupid mounting points. Pulled the mounting brackets off the seats so they are just on the rails, unfortunately the rails are just about 3/4" wider then my corbeau brackets so i cant drill holes in the bracket and bolt the sliders down, also the recaro Slider bar is like a HUGE BAR that hangs lower then the sliders, so if i were to just weld the seats to the brackets i have the slider would just be stuck up...thus seats sliding all over...Luckily my brother in law can weld and has welder, talked to him hes like oh ya we can fab up some brackets, so hopefully sometime this week going to be picking up some steel and having a go at it. Im going to try and get them as LOW as i can...because im also 6'4'' :ohdamn:..So whatever we come up with will prlly have sliders directly welded onto them, and the front cross bent down so its like touching the carpet, allowing slider bar clearance and being super low at the same time. Ill be sure to keep you all updated as i believe im prlly only the 5th person or so to do this from what i can see online. :thumb:

I may be picking up some EVO 8 Recaros tomorrow as well. Let us know how you make out.

Just to be on the same track here. From what I see the Wedge Engineering brackets will make everything drop in without any fabrication/welding unless I wanted to lower the seat?

For those with the Wedge Engineering brackets, did they center the seats correctly? As in, do you line up with the center of the steering wheel or are you slightly towards the door?

Thanks!

For those with the Wedge Engineering brackets, did they center the seats correctly? As in, do you line up with the center of the steering wheel or are you slightly towards the door?

Thanks!

I think they are lined up with where the stock seats were mounted dead center..I'll check when I get home. I'll pm you my number so you can text me to remind me.

Finally got my 9s in. Only took a week and a half to get my brackets from wedge.. Could not believe how accurate the holes were in the brackets, everything fit ridiculously perfect and I couldn't be happier..

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Jayson

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine were centered exactly with the steering wheel.. Amazing fit.

Jayson

How is the rear seat access? Can you still get people back there?

(Not that I would willingly inflict such torture on my passengers, but sometimes I need to carry my brother and sister on a trip. Or a high-schooler or two.)

i used corbeau brackets and im 6'4'' so my seats all the way back and it touches the rear seat...so there is no footroom whatsoever in my car.

How is the rear seat access? Can you still get people back there?

(Not that I would willingly inflict such torture on my passengers, but sometimes I need to carry my brother and sister on a trip. Or a high-schooler or two.)

You could definitely wedge someone back there, but considering I no longer have rear seat belts I don't let anyone back there.. It would be an extremely tight fit, but definitely plausible.

Jayson

Mine were centered exactly with the steering wheel.. Amazing fit.

Jayson

Those look nice, familure somehow... :p

Glad you got proper brackets for them, put my weak attempt at making my own to shame eh?

Evo 9 seats look sick in my car. I love how they hug you in every curve. :rocks:

Attachments

• 482558_491986444194979_43612415_n.jpg
    482558_491986444194979_43612415_n.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 317
  • 644181_491986517528305_1958206193_n.jpg
    644181_491986517528305_1958206193_n.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 262
Can any one post a pic of just the wedge brackets? I have a pair of evo ix seats sitting in my dads garage that i may try and put in, but i would like to try making brackets on my own first. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back