The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

EVO 8 Harness for SAFCII

Please Support STM Tuned

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnightride

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 4, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Looking at getting a SAFCII, it comes with a EVO8 harness already on it. I was told it will fit on a 2G.

Basically just wanted to check that this is true, that the EVO8 harness will work on my 2G.
Plug and Play.

Let me know.

Thanks.

I know the SAFCII is universal, I was talking about the harness.

The SAFCII is prewired into a stock EVO8 harness. I was told the harness can be used in the 2G as well.

This way I dont have to cut any wires or anything. Just inplug the harness, plug the new harness in and old plugs to new conections and bam.

Just wanted to make sure before I get it.

RIght now I have an S-afc II with a evo 8 harness in my 2g. IT plugged right up and the car drives fine, and the afc is fully functional.

However, one things i did notice is that the cylinder setting its supposed to be at 4 and the arrow pointing northeast.

Well when I have it on 4 cyl the rpm reading is lower by about 1k rpm's.

When I put the cyl setting on 2 cyl. the rpms and everything reads out just fine. I have tuned the car and the car runs fine and everything. Pulls better and I personally can't hear any knocking when WOT next to a wall.

Also the knock reading does not work correctly, it goes crazy. I plan on getting a data logger anyways to monitor knock, timing, etc.

ANy other cons you guys can think of???

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back