The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

EVO 16g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_GSX4life

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 8, 2004
Redwood City, California
This is probobly a stupid question but do I need an EVO 02 housing or can I us the one that I already have?? Also if an EVO 16g really that much better then a Big16g how come I have seen evo's at a cheeper price than big16g on the same web site??? Thanks

check out the link below, its from the FAQ section.
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133290

if the link doesnt work. just go to FAQ under forums and its probably the first or second thread that talks about turbos.

second about the evo b16g there are countless threads regarding it. try the search function. type in anything "evo 16g", "big 16g", etc.. it will open up tons of threads and theyll answer your questions.

sorry if i just sat here and told you what to do rather than answer your questions.
just dont want to resurrect old threads.

have fun. :thumb:

DSM_GSX4life said:
This is probobly a stupid question but do I need an EVO 02 housing or can I us the one that I already have?? Also if an EVO 16g really that much better then a Big16g how come I have seen evo's at a cheeper price than big16g on the same web site??? Thanks

no and yes in order

You dont NEED an evo housing to run an evo turbo...just like you don't NEED a nice FMIC to run an evo turbo, its just a nice thing to have. I have heard about bolt up issues with it however. Some find it takes some work bolting up to the downpipe. If your worried, just port out the one you have to match the evo turbine housing.

As for the e16g v b16g, I'm not sure why the prices are all funny, I've wondered that as well. The e16g is alot better though, the wheels in the turbo weigh alot less, which means quicker spoolup, and I think the trim is a tiny bit different as well.

would u guys trust an evo16g off of Ebay. its only $527!!! or should I just save up a little bit more to get a good one?? also.. would a broken big16g sell for anything at all? All thats wrong with it is a damaged compressor wheel.

seriously, I know being cheap is part of the DSM way.. but from my experience, BUY A NEW TURBO, from a vendor.

i would recommend FP's b16G that's ported with a 34mm flapper :thumb: it'll run upwards 600 bucks but well worth it to me

e316g's are cheaper because they made alot of them, does that make sense? an older outdated turbo, you make less of them then a newer, better product...there are more of them so they sell for cheaper.

another thing is that the people that sell them have quite a few of them in stock, thinking we were all gonna buy them. then it turns out alot of us want to either get a bigger turbo, or get a ball bearing setup. so there was more supply then demand.

that is my theory.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back