The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Ets 4" race core on 16g? (harmfull or helpfull?)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codeofdastreets

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 25, 2008
dunedin, Florida
Original setup was going to be a billet hx40, jmf manifold, 44mm wastegate, etc..Im moving and was forced to sell alot of the parts for that build, so im using what I have left to put the car together. I have a fp 16g and the only intercooler i have is a brand new ets 4in race core with 2.5 inlet and outlet.. Im wondering if this would hurt power and spool or would be more helpfull?? As I see, it probly would hurt spool alittle but may help in power due to intake temps will always be low temp due to such a big core, correct me if im wrong. Car will be on e85,sd, and most likely be on high boost, basically trying to max the turbo out.

Original setup was going to be a billet hx40, jmf manifold, 44mm wastegate, etc..Im moving and was forced to sell alot of the parts for that build, so im using what I have left to put the car together. I have a fp 16g and the only intercooler i have is a brand new ets 4in race core with 2.5 inlet and outlet.. Im wondering if this would hurt power and spool or would be more helpfull?? As I see, it probly would hurt spool alittle but may help in power due to intake temps will always be low temp due to such a big core, correct me if im wrong. Car will be on e85,sd, and most likely be on high boost, basically trying to max the turbo out.

I believe there is a guy with a 10 or 9 sec 16g using a 4" Garret fmic so I don't see why you'd have a problem. I personally would go with a Holset or a Garrett 50 trim though.

I believe there is a guy with a 10 or 9 sec 16g using a 4" Garret fmic so I don't see why you'd have a problem. I personally would go with a Holset or a Garrett 50 trim though.

I was going holset hx40 bep t3, but sold it the setup due to finacial issues. I have fate in the little 16g that it will due justice :rocks:

Your name made me giggle..

Yes your core is fine.. Obviously you would be better off with a larger turbo with a huge core but what you run will suffice.

You might see more lag due to more area air has to be compressed into.

Pressure drop may be an issue, making the turbo work a little harder than necessary to get the boost pressure you're seeking at the manifold. In other words, the core is so large and may cool so well that the turbo could be generating 30psi but you may only see 24psi at the intake manifold.

Pressure drop may be an issue, making the turbo work a little harder than necessary to get the boost pressure you're seeking at the manifold. In other words, the core is so large and may cool so well that the turbo could be generating 30psi but you may only see 24psi at the intake manifold.

Damn, I may just try it out and see how it works out, if worst comes to worst I will sell it..

My car spooled QUICKER with my ETS 4" thick ultra race core vs. their 7" tall street kit.

Evo 3 16g @ 30+ psi on e85 - Intake temps at the end of a quarter mile pass are +/- 8* depending on the ambient weather.

My car spooled QUICKER with my ETS 4" thick ultra race core vs. their 7" tall street kit.

Evo 3 16g @ 30+ psi on e85 - Intake temps at the end of a quarter mile pass are +/- 8* depending on the ambient weather.

Niceee, I read somewear that you were using a 4" ets core, but wasent sure if it was the street or race.. But since I found out that it"s been proven im going to mount it on this week:rocks:... Also called up englishracing and they said they have used the same intercooler on cars with simular setups and it worked out great..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back