The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Engine bay clean up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Injector wires are super easy to tuck under your fuel rail, and you can relocate your fuse box.

I had my valve cover painted red with polished letters, but for some reason I like the looks of the valve cover this way. Im good with wiring, just not hiding the mess LOL. I want to move the fuse box because it looks out of place and has been bugging me ever since the build. Any tips on wire tucking appreciated!! Thanks for the input so far.

Polish the valve cover? Just make it look clean.

Wire tuck 101... arrange all the wire to where they are going to the back side of the block, and sectioning off each set of wires to a electrical device ( makes reconnecting the wire easier) and using plenty of electrical tape and wire cover makes things look clean also they sell the wire cover in a arrange of colors.
There are a few threads on here of how to wire tuck, search to get some ideas.

I personally like the coil on plug setup. Looks cool and according to those who have done it, it works better. Which makes sense when you get educated on them.

coil on plugs - DSM Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum: DSMtalk.com

There's a how to thread somewhere, but you can buy the setup as well. Sorry I can't remember who at the moment.

None of this is accurate. Without a CDI, running a coil on plug actually hinders your spark.

I would take out that powersteering and try re running your wires under whatever you can to hide it.

Can you get a better picture, this one's a little dark?

Coat your exhaust manifold with something.
Loop your throttle cable under the intake manifold.
Clip your damn zipties excess, that looks like you don't care. :p
Turn your injectors and run the wires under the fuel rail.
Do something with that overflow bottle?
I've elongated my brake fluid resovoir and but it behind the intake manifold and dropped it lower. I don't know if I would recommend that, but it worked fine for me, just a pain if you have to fill it.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If you want to do something with your fuse box you're going have to cut wires, and if you do that you might as well tuck your whole harness, you know?

Oh, and there is nothing wrong with looping your lines.

Thanks for all the input! I'm going to attempt some wire tucking and relocate the over flow, and clip those zip ties. Lol. Still thinking about what I want to do with the fuse box, and I might loop the throttle cable.

You could simply hide the fuse box and make a custom cover where the side mount used to be. So it covers the entire box and the wirey mess with it. Eliminate all unneeded wires. Move that over flow bottle, or replace with something metal for a cleaner look. braided lines and AN fittings give a nice clean look. coat your exhaust or atleast do a polished heat shield or something to hide that mess. Upper rad hose could be replaced with aftermarket. recover your visible wiring and hide what you can. Reroute where needed. As for the vac lines, how many do u really have? BOV and FPR? route the FPR vac line directly under the fuel line off the rail, they go to the same place. And for the BOV, do the same thing. Route it under the pipes and bring it out from under the TB and route it along until you need to bring it to the BOV. I think a good wash down, and some basics would go a long way in your case. And cover the spark plug galley. You can get some plate or thin ga aluminum for that at depot. If your going to "tuck" your harness, why not relocate the fuse box into the fender, or into the cabin. If your not using the heater controls that fuse box can be mounted on the firewall and run thru the heater core holes. It will remain hidden by your intake at that point.

You can even put your ign coils somewhere else (firewall) and route your wires differently so they dont look like such a mess either.

Did the wire truck and throttle cable tuck. Still want to move the coil pack but dont know where to put it. Check it out:

Start of the tuck:

Finished product:

Here's an idea for the coil pack.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm not 100% sure it will fit with the 2g brake reservoir. I'm using a 3g brake master cylinder which has the reservoir right on top, shifting it over about 2".

It's stock bracket with 2 bolt tabs cut off and the other bolt tab bent flat. Uses a bolt hole on the side of the IM that was used for the coil pack before. Still using 2g spark plug wires.

Here's an idea for the coil pack.

I'm not 100% sure it will fit with the 2g brake reservoir. I'm using a 3g brake master cylinder which has the reservoir right on top, shifting it over about 2".

It's stock bracket with 2 bolt tabs cut off and the other bolt tab bent flat. Uses a bolt hole on the side of the IM that was used for the coil pack before. Still using 2g spark plug wires.

pics not working

I swear I'm the only one that has cruise control. I'm gonna need some coffee to figure how to get rid of it, or find/make a new cable. just goofy how it goes from the pedal to a cruise control box then to the throttle body. yeah it's a 5sp.

If you get a strut bar, U can mount the coil pack directly to that. I have seen that and it looks bad ass. Myself I plan to move mine to where the AC fuse box was and the FPR solenoids were in my 1g. Lil longer wires and she will look much cleaner to me. And easier to access if I ever need to swap em.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back