1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G Emissions Monitors Incomplete...Texas Emissions Inspection

Posted by 97WhiteSpyderGST, Jun 9, 2019

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. 97WhiteSpyderGST

97WhiteSpyderGST Probationary Member

Joined Jun 6, 2019
    Weatherford, Texas
    I just finished rebuilding a 97 Spyder GS-T and have been driving it around for about 300 miles and still can not get the emissions monitors to be complete. Does anyone in the DFW area know of what the process to get the car inspected with emissions? I've read a few conflicting things about what to do.

Street Build 263  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    97WhiteSpyderGST likes this.
  3. dustyboner

dustyboner DSM Wiseman

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    Image00001.jpg Image00002.jpg Image00003.jpg Image00004.jpg Image00005.jpg Image00006.jpg

97WhiteSpyderGST likes this.
  4. wrencher

wrencher Proven Member

Joined Nov 20, 2005
    Chicago, Illinois
  5. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    All turbo DSM's 1996-1998 have readiness codes issues. I believe the problem is they clear when the ignition is switch off causing them to never set. The EPA has an exemption for our turbo DSM's & the readiness codes are to be ignored during emissions testing. Up to date emission test station should flag the emissions teater to this condition as well. Attached are the EPA documents regarding the testing & readiness monitor problems for several manufacturer vehicles.

Attached Files:

dustyboner likes this.
  6. 97WhiteSpyderGST

97WhiteSpyderGST Probationary Member

Joined Jun 6, 2019
    Weatherford, Texas
    I found out through the Texas DPS that you can take it to a Inspection station that has ASM/Tailpipe testing and they can run the dyno test. I had to explain it to inspection station that I had taken it to.

Street Build 263  1

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM