The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

electical problem? SRS light

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Backinajiffy12

15+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2008
Shakopee, Minnesota
Ok this problem happened when I first got my car. I would be driving along and I would lose power to my RPM gauge and my MPH gauge and it would happen intermittently. It went away and I never thought about it again. But just recently its been doing it again. It happens every once and a while but when it happens my SRS light comes on, and as soon as I start driving it goes away. What would that be? I have checked the alt. fuse and its ok. What else would it be?

There is a plug behind the radio that feeds the speedo & tach. That plug could be loose and cause the connection to be lost to the gauges. Do all your cluster lights (backlighting) stay on when you loose your gauges?

Yea, definately check the connection behind the radio. I don't recall the harness color, but I believe there are only 3 or 4 bigger ones back there.

Alright sweet! thanks man I let you knwo if it works.

So I pulled out my radio, and looked in there and noticed no lose connections. So i pressed down on all of the connections just to double check. But it is still doing it. Can you help me or show me which connection it is?

does the SRS light still come on? the SRS is for your airbags. If it doesnt come on and now the seat belt comes on Id say theres a electrical issue. A bad alt wouldnt cause this from what I know. If the alt was bad your battry wouldnt last long and you will get stuck on the side of the road.

Ok so now none of my stock gauges work, I have no power windows or sunroof, but power locks still work, no rear defroster, and my turbo timer stays running with the brake down....what the hell is going on?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back