The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G EGR block off plug size

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is great reassurance. So it can be done with the head in the car, and doesn't have to be tapped right just threaded in with the plug correct?

This is great reassurance. So it can be done with the head in the car, and doesn't have to be tapped right just threaded in with the plug correct?
Correct. Just took off the intake manifold, steel thread, aluminum head. Steel is harder than aluminum. Literally threaded right into the EGR port.

Is this really necessary? Bought the stm egr block plate and thought that would be sufficient enough.. now I'm seeing yall are also blocking the port on the head..? does the port on the head have to blocked as well?..im having an issue where I hit 7lbs of boost and thats it! This has been an on going issue for almost a year and NOONE can figure out why 7lbs is all she building. Fully built motor on fp black and can't even hit gate pressure with gate disconnected, local shop thinks the issue lies in the egr head port being open and is acting as an internal boost leak...??

It can be an issue for sure. I had a thermo gasket and the exhaust gasses melted it causing a leak. It was very simple to install a 1/8th block off plug in the port. Just annoying removing the intake manifold

It can be an issue for sure. I had a thermo gasket and the exhaust gasses melted it causing a leak. It was very simple to install a 1/8th block off plug in the port. Just annoying removing the intake manifold
Sweetthanks for the reply..not to bad of a job I guess. I block that off and see what happens! Thanks again! If anyone else has info in this as well...im all ears!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back