The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Oil Block Plug / Coolant Plug

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MXD

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 12, 2004
Queens Village, New_York
Hey guys whats up? Im installing a SC61 on my Talon and need a hand... This turbo is only oil cooled so i was wondering if anyone knows the plug/thread size i can use to block the coolant passage on the stock water pipe and the plug/thread size of the factory oil feed location(to block that as well)?? One more thing, if anyone else reading this has oil fed their turbo from the oil filter housing, which port did you use?? Pics would be great. Thanks everyone.

Fist off, feed line. This is for a 90 oil filter housing.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

For the water feed, I just tapped the stock hole with a 3/8" pipe tap and installed a plug. If I ever go back to a water cooled turbo, fittings are more available in the 3/8"npt than they are for the stock metric inverted flair.

Im not sure of the oil feed size. I just snagged the stock blockoff from a 4g63n/t head.

10mm x 1.25 and crush washer for the stock oil block off. I bought mine from pep boys and off hand dont remember the length. 30mm stands out in my mind, but I'm sure you'll see the correct size.

as far as which port to use on the oil filter housing, it depends on your year. the year will determine if you get unfiltered oil in your turbo or not. here is a link to RRE's website which explains how to do their oil feed relocation. it should have the info you need.
<a href = http://www.roadraceengineering.com/instructions/oillineinstall.htm>RRE oil line installation</a>

hope that helps.

I believe the plug you speak of is sold as an oil pan plug by most auto stores. They work great!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back