The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G ECU not booting up

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert gsx1

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 27, 2009
post falls, Idaho
:banghead:Ok im having intermetent issues my 1g 91 tsi starts idles rough then if i shut it off it wont start back up just turns over and over and the check engine light isnt coming on when igniotion is switched on, so i checked my mpi relay power there i then checked pin 102 and 107 no power at ecu please this is my daily driver i cant figure it out i need help fellas thanx Rob:cry:

I always keep a spare ecu do you know someone you can that can let you plug it in and see if that stops your problem other than that you said its your daily driver so all the timing should be go right? I had the same issue but it was my timing turned over and over but never started

Remove the ecu and pull the cover off and check for any leaking caps. I've had the same prob a while back and the ecu caps leaked all over the circuit board.

ill pull my ecu today and post picts it will start periodicly then idle fine once i turn it off it wont start again just turns over and there is no check engine light when i swith ignition to on letting me know the ecu is powering up

Here are the pictures of my ecu if any one has any idea whats going on please let me know
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah its a 91 tsi i figured it out coil pack went out and power transistor

Maybe, but that ECU is/was bad. The pictures tell the whole story.

The capacitors have leaked and the corrosion is not only eating the traces on the circuit board but it's climbed up the hybrid IC, that controls the MPI Relay, and damaged the IC. That will cause the symptoms described.

Sorry I didn't catch this thread back in the day.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back