The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

ecu+, gm maf,pig rich,no idle, depressed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raph

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2003
neunkirchen/germany, Europe
:cry:

ok guys, i cant believe im asking ..

but im stuck!

ok heres the story..
i have a 2g 4g63nt,the car originally had 240cc injectors..(the ecus atre the same as gst,only difference is the higher 9.5 cmpression..and the lacking turbo)
i turbocharged it on a t25 with safc ,wb02,and 460cc rx7 injectors..47 psi FP and a Vortech FMU..rich,but ok at 14 psi..i sold it and got a new setup

so,i decided to leave the 460s in for now(have 560 evo 8s lying around) and got a gm maf,a ecu plus (if your not familiar with,it doesnt matter) and a aeromotive afpr

so evethythings wired in, i do my first run in idle..injector scaling set to 460

she runs for 2 minutes.. then sputters pig rich.. no matter how a lean it out,(even -50%) the car dies ..

edit: i rewiwed my log and during idle..i featherd the gas,it ran like a charm..for 2 minutes..i noticed my idc where reading 2%,then 99%,the 3% then 99.. i dont get it..

then after it died i set the lower maf clamp vlue to 40,then 60 hz,i ebven tried 100hz to no avail..please tell me i did something noobish and missed something silly.

i know my injector compensation should be more (since the ecu thinks i got 240s in there)
i even tried 780ccs(and everything in between,treid tweaking the fuel pressure etc etc) for injector time compensation,it didnt better or worsen my situation, the cars riuns for 3 to 5 secs then dies..

it looks as if my injectors are firing at the wrong time..

i even switched back to my stock mas,stock frp,even tried a another 2g one..still no change

im wanting to take his out and go back to my safc .

help me change my mind
thanks

i messed around for 8 hours,double and tripple checked everything,i can log every value,soits not a wiring problem ,my garage is full of fuel fumes and i have a headache

Ralph,

In case you don't check them as often, I posted a response for you on the ECU+ forum, but I don't know if it will be much help. After looking at your log, it really seems like there's a problem with something other than the MAF sensor. The fact that you can log something only means the signal for that parameter is making it to the ECU+ head unit, but not necessarily to the ECU or the device being controlled. I would double-check the connections from the silver box to the ECU itself, as well as anything else that might have been disturbed during your MAF install.

Just out of curiosity, did you have the car running with ECU+ before the GM MAF installation, or did you do all of these mods at once?

mods all at once,

but it ran fine with the safc, then i put in the ecu+ .. and did a 2 minute log..now it starts,dumps fuel and dies.

i soldered everything like a champ(new soldering tool)
ill triple check those again today.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back