The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

ECUflash ECU FLASH PROBLEMS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonSway

Proven Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dassel, Minnesota
alright guys well ive heard great things about ecuflash. I decided to got this route got a lap top, taxtrix and cables. Installed the flash connector on my 95 eagle talon tsi. Then acquired a 98 gst black box. I followed the install guide made by a fellow member on here and followed step by step. When i went to save the the rom and definition for my car the rom saved as a .bin ? i dont know if that is correct or wrong but i saved them along with the files from ceddy mods into romedata>mitsubishi>eclipse. Then i read my ecu and it says un-known rom. i Follow the steps by trying to copy a definition and when i use the option 98 mitsubishi eclipse gst 20550011 the box with id XML has question marks in it. When i click finished it turns into like a ".sft" or something weird that does not work!!! Im pretty sure this is what is holding me up. Im pretty positive in the location of my files as i think they are in the right spot.

If some one could give suggestions on what to do, or point out what i am doing wrong that would be great. Seams like there are few people that know how to flash and are willing to help. It would be great to get ecuflash to work. If it holds me up any more i might have to go to link. ANY Help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

It could be that your ECU does not have the 20550011 ROM in it so it would not recognize it. Just a thought. I had purchased a used 1999 GSX ECU and it turned out to have a different ROM in it.

when i down loaded ceddy mods i opened up my zipped ceddy folder and took 20550011.xml and 20550011-mod-1v9cb-MAF.hex i put those in my romedata. And your saying i shudnt have to download the rom and definition for my car. So i guess my big question is after i have all my files saved and stuff. What do i do? read from my ecu flash or how do i get my stock tune?

When you save the .bin you MUST add .bin at the end of the file name you're saving. I ran into this same issue. I'm using an Evo 8 ecu so I can't help you with the other stuff. Good luck!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back