The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

EA Hates DSM's. Protest the new Need For Speed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I love how EA makes a trailer that doesn't knock a DSM directly, but just a "sports coupe-ay", and everyone get offended, but the majority of you will throw stones and bash Hondas and other platforms you didn't choose all day long. That's more of my point.

It's not that they didn't knock us in general. It's the fact that they were completely ignorant towards a large sample size of their target audience and we feel that it is because of this poor business practice that they deserve to take a hit in sales. ... And because we love our cars enough to stand up for them.

Each member is an independent party with an independent view point so we are free to bash Hondas as we see fit. EA is a large company that's success relies on the very audience that they ostracized in this marketing campaign. If they used a civic in their campaign, I would expect that community of followers to promptly stand up for themselves as well.

I know my car will beat Ferrari's and Lambo's in a straight line so it doesn't really bother me. What the hell, include me. :)

The game is about running from cops in cars that are unmodified. 300+ newer sports cars is what the game is about, not a 20 or 10 year old car that is modded all to hell. I can see anyone who took offense to this as someone who was bullied in school and would then go onto flip out and shoot people over it.

The game is about running from cops in cars that are unmodified. 300+ newer sports cars is what the game is about, not a 20 or 10 year old car that is modded all to hell. I can see anyone who took offense to this as someone who was bullied in school and would then go onto flip out and shoot people over it.

This is your 4th or 5th post trying to take down what we're doing. Several of the members have gave you excellent reasons as to why we should do this in return. Then you shit out another reason... give up.

The game is about running from cops in cars that are unmodified. 300+ newer sports cars is what the game is about, not a 20 or 10 year old car that is modded all to hell.
So you've played the game?

I can see anyone who took offense to this as someone who was bullied in school and would then go onto flip out and shoot people over it.

Why? Their's plenty of people that have said they did... .
I can see the headline Now:p

Mass school shootings ensue after EA game protest ROFL

I don't get what reason anyone would have not to say yes ... .
I would imagine if we got Say 1/3 of the registered user on here to say something like "We will not buy your games EA"(they have something like over 400) it would be taken some what serious...

If not at the least they wouldn't use that as a REAL commercial an pay to air it... as far as anyone saying they aren't paying attention their's no way their not. I mean don't get me wrong it's not like someone's lurking the board reading our list. but, They keep track of the demographics you don't pay actors to make a commercial to not get anything out of it...

The reason they put shit up like this to begin with is to test it out for the mass public and to figure out what to run on the air and to figure out what kinda of event to get air time during or weather it would be just a standered anytime after 6pm before *:** time slot... Ect. You get the point.
If anyone doubts this just look at this LOL ya cause every video on youtube has got it...

I think this is getting a bit blown out of proportion do we all need to debate it this much?
Bottom line I think is if they would have used a Pinto it would have be a funny commercial. Was it smart their part to use a talon probably not. Will debating over this change anything No.
Will trying to get some point across to them change anything? that has been yet to be seen... .

Oh an BTW OP OP did you read my post?

Attachments

• EAstatistics.JPG
    EAstatistics.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 264

Yep I read it, but just because you can produce a clean number doesn't mean anything to EA. For all they know you sat there and voted 17 times yourself from different computers. Every name on this list is a living person somewhere with a potential $60 in their pocket that EA has lost access to. That is a much stronger statement.

No offense, but I feel like this way is better.

Yep I read it, but just because you can produce a clean number doesn't mean anything to EA.
How it was going, there wasn't a clean number in here.
For all they know you sat there and voted 17 times yourself from different computers.
How?it's not that kind of vote(you can only vote once)and everyones username is linked to their vote, so unless I had 17 accounts that couldn't happen
Every name on this list is a living person somewhere with a potential $60 in their pocket that EA has lost access to. That is a much stronger statement.
And if those same living people vote their names would count just the same...

No offense, but I feel like this way is better.
All I did was ask you to put in your first post a link saying to vote.
If anything you could Say vote also to make sure your vote counts:idontknow:

I get what your saying... .
But,Your missing my point behind it. At this point your not even the one keeping track of the names anyway.
I was Just trying to make things easier for someone that was...(Which I think they appreciated) at the rate this was going each page was going to have 4 people say "I" and posting a 200+ line copied post:ohdamn:

Alaskandsm has been keeping track of the list off site and has a head count available on request. I think taking a poll of everyone who has already signed up would be repetitive.

I think that the polls are open to non registered users as guests, but correct me if I am wrong on that...

Members voting twice wouldn't be able to count twice. Unless you have access to the list of yes voters on the poll, I don't know how to recognize who participated in that poll. So it creates a conflict if those numbers don't match up evenly and I don't want to sift through hundreds of names to find out which members did and didn't vote.

If people choose to copy the whole list, it does make this thread less convenient. But it isn't the end of the world and it is fairly easy to scroll past a list when posted. I appreciate that you are trying to help out, but your poll only reflects 54 voters out of 200 or so members that have signed up. It doesn't make sense to make people do both just to count.

Im not against people making a petition but the motive behind it is just silly to me. There are other commercials that bash on a car that happens to be a dsm. The vw commercial a few years ago when they flunge the 2g did you get mad because they threw a 2g or did it not matter because it was riced out. Take that same thought process to th EA commercial. Are you mad they are making fun of a older sports car that happens to be a dsm or do you think that they are DIRECTLY attacking 2gs? They dont say anything about the actual car itself.

Also EA has different departments like every other major game company so not buying the games you loved before solely because of a game you didnt like in the first, hurt your feelings is like not eating mac-d's because you dont like the apple pie, eventhough just a week ago it was your favorite place to eat

Banding together for what you believe in:thumb: by all means

Getting offended this easy over a slight possiblity that someone make a joke about a car not even dsms:ohdamn: come on guysWTF

I think taking a poll of everyone who has already signed up would be repetitive.
This is all beginning to become repetitive
That is why I made it a Simple yes or question to start with in my thread.:thumb:

I think that the polls are open to non registered users as guests, but correct me if I am wrong on that...
No, it is not an open poll.

Unless you have access to the list of yes voters on the poll, I don't know how to recognize who participated in that poll.

I don't think you read what I said...way back before I already pretty much awnsered that CLICK HERE

As far as everthing else your saying
Yet again:ohdamn:

...this is all going nowhere real fast... .:boring:

I'm not sure why people seem to make things so compicated... .Human nature I guess

:pray:/Thread

no they havent?? nfs 1 and 2 none after that.. this was while they were still being manufactured..
as eclipse's

they should at least test and model, and motion capture a known race car dsm.. and have it as a bonus car you earn or find some how.

I have never liked nfs.. any racing game that you can drive straight into walls and pass everyone and keep running into walls the entire race and not mess up, total or at least slow down..or scratch the paint.. is not even worth playing.. thats kid stuff...the modifications are a joke too... do they even test them and try to get close to actual numbers? pre-packaged crap doesn't let you mix to your likeing either.. even when you select individual parts... there are only like 3 vendors to choose from, and it's no diffrent from the other parts... no point in even modifiying the cars if i can't be diffrent from another car like mine.. when i modify any car i want what is done to be exclusive..not what everyone else has already done.

they should also include a dsm in need for speed world!

only nfs series i love is hot pursuit and nfsw.. that at least is somewhat challenging and thrilling..

live for speed is an awesome simulator they have similar cars, but don't have lisenseing to actually name them or model them as cars we know..

same thing for nfs and EA games... if the manufacturer doesn't claim the car as theirs.. who do you ask for rights to put it in your game?

If GM,FORD, and others will pay you to place their cars in your game, why put cars in that you dont get paid for?

simple right?

count me in!

I've always wanted a dsm in any racing game!

Sorry everyone, I have been having some problems with my school and my homework building up... on top of keeping up with the DSM :D. I do my best to update the list.

If we can get the vote to start working again, it will be easier to keep track of everyone as well as when copied into word, the links remain to everyone's profile. that would make for quite an electronic submission if everyone's name linked back to their profiles LOL.

Need For Speed started out driving exotic sports cars, not modded rice burners.

- NFS: 1994, do you really expect damage to be programmed?

- NFS II: 1997, Just better graphics and more cars.

- NFS III: Hot Pursuit: 1998, I don't remember visual damage, but the cops could disable you. This game introduced tuning. Not upgrades, but adjustments.

- NFS IV/High Stakes: 1999, damage was introduced, so were upgrades. I don't clearly remember how the upgrades worked.

- NFS V/Porsche Unleashed: 2000, do I really need to say do you expect a game about Porsche to include a DSM?

- NFS VI/Hot Pursuit 2: 2002, probably my favorite of the games so far. The last one I ever bought.

The Fast and The Furious came out in 2001. I assume NFS: Hot Pursuit 2 was being developed or the idea came around before the rice burner modding hype. I owned all of the first six games. Then NFS: Underground came out and I played it and lost interest. NFS: Undercover looks interesting, but a racing has nothing to do with a plot, so I might just try it out. NFS: World also looks interesting, but I'd rather play against a computer, unless internet racing has become better. The older games had it and cars would randomly pop around the map and do other crazy things. The new Hot Pursuit looks very interesting and I will try it out. As long as they make a game like the first six, no plot and exotic sports cars, I will play the games. I hate the tuner games and racing to earn money to upgrade the cars. I won't play any racing games that are all about Japanese cars and some random German luxury cars, the reason I don't care for Gran Turismo much. That and I don't play on consoles.

Its hilarous the people in here boycotting the game are mostly still wet behind the ears when it comes to these cars. The ones that just shrug it off have join dates of early 00's.

Notice a trend there? Grow up kids. Your car isn't a god mobile. Its a shitty mitsubishi red-headed stepchild product to hold them over until the Evo came stateside.

You really think in 2010 theyre gonna include a crappy 15 second car that went out of production a decade ago? GET A GRIP ON REALITY.

no they havent?? nfs 1 and 2 none after that.. this was while they were still being manufactured..
as eclipse's

Interesting, seeing NFS:U and U2 came out in 2003 and 2004 respectively......last 2g rolled off the line what, late '98 as a '99 model.

haha. :D

Although, I believe the issue isn't the fact that it's not included. It's the fact they said "Drive something you actually want to drive." Like the dsm is so bad, that valet workers (people who are required to drive cars as their job) won't even get in one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back