The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dynoed the GTX3788AVNT today..640whp.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bastarddsm

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Mendota, Illinois
So I've been tinkering with a Garret AVNT off a big isuzu staight 6 on my talon. I've had it running pretty well and today was my birthday, so the old lady took me to get the shitbox dynoed. Not much for AWD dyno's around so I was stuck on a 2wd Dynojet 248H. Can't say I was very impressed with the whole experience. Tach pickup was boned so I didn't get any RPM data, didnt get a print out or even an email of the run files. Car ran good, but just blew off the tires once the boost hit.

Anyway In high gear this thing will hit 40psi at about 4300RPM, and only has 25psi of drive pressure. I think there more to be gained in a nicer header, and a more tuning on the vanes. In 3rd gear it's been 40psi by 5000. It's not a super quick spool, but it is a GT37 LOL. I think with more time this thing could defiantly mop the floor with a twin scroll setup.

I think there is power left in timing and opening up the vanes a bit more on the big end. Was right around 50psi of drive pressure at 8000 with 40psi boost. Between the last two pulls it picked up almost 50whp from 1* of timing LOL. Looks like it was moving right about 64lbs/min at 8000 and 40psi.

Quick setup outline:
Garret GTX3788AVNT
OG SFP T4 manifold
EMUSA 38MM gate
24x3.5x12 Garret core FMIC
3" turbo back
Kelford 272 cams
Kiggly Springs
Cleaned up head
JE 8.5:1 Pistons
Manley Turbotuff rods
Felpro composite Head gasket
Standard ARP head studs
Home made intake.
ACT2600 and XTD6 puck disc.
3" GM Maft
Moates Ostrich with my own bin - lots of mods.
2x FIC 750's and 2x walbro 255 ext.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back