The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Dyno tune safely on stock 2g trans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

400hp93talon

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2009
Fort Madison, Iowa
I couldn't find any previous threads that could answer my question. I'm trying to save money so I don't have to sell this car and all the parts I have for it. So here it is I want to know if I could have my car dyno tuned to the 550-600whp range with a fully built stroker setup on a stock 2g trans with a act 3200 clutch. I know I probably could on a stock stroke 2.0 but the extra amount of torque that the 2.3 makes is what I'm worried about. I would think I could due to the fact that it won't see a launch but I don't know if the center diff can take the beating even for short pulls(by short I mean 1 gear pulls at a time). So it's a simple question Yes or No. I just want it in good running condition so I can just throw a built tranny in later and be done with it and start it up and move it from home to the garage which is like 10 blocks. THIS TRANS WOULD ONLY EVER SEE THIS POWER ON THE DYNO NOT ON THE STREET OR STRIP!!!

Thanks,
Jacob

Last edited:
No nay sayers? I was really questioning myself about this subject...... Well screw it I guess I'll go for it and hope for the best hahahaha!!!

Kinda Curious about this as well...
What is the condition of your transmission now? Millage? Grinding?

If your on a tight budget, I would consider disassembling the transmission just to inspect to make sure its good to go.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back