The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Dumbest things you've heard a DSMer say? :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Me circa early 2010 on another mitsubishi forum....
:tease:
Ok, I've been looking for a 97-99 GSX for my cousin for his birthday in August, and its almost as rare as a VR4 or a supra. When I wasn't interested there was one every 2 days up on craigslist for New Mexico. Now that I am looking, POOF all gone. I could settle for a Talon awd but then there would be crankwalk issues and cant have that. Anyone here interested in selling theirs or know of one for sale at least by summer?

p.s.
On a side note, I've been wondering. I got a lot of extra vr4 parts, an engine in pieces in my garage, a second working transmission, t-case, and even limited slip diff. If i just settle with a gen 4 how easiy do you guys think it would be to just convert it LOL Eclipse GT VR-4
:applause:ROFLROFLROFL
The things that can be learned in 2 years. On that forum someone took that second to last sentance and put in their signature

"My stock eclipse (NT) runs 13's when I put moth balls in the gas tank" a week later his injectors clogged.

moth balls not a bad trick for carbd engines. had my old 1g awd talon on cl for trade. a guy contaced me with a 1995 f150 4x4 5 speed 4.9. beautiful truck, well i was asking him about it and i asked what engine and i quote "yanno the 4.9 inline v6..." ive heard them called v6s some people just dont know about engines...but that was a new one for me

"My stock eclipse (NT) runs 13's when I put moth balls in the gas tank" a week later his injectors clogged.

its a proven fact that mothballs in the gas tank do in fact raise octane levels... Now as for how much, and if anyone would recommend it... that's a different story. Oh and Bull shit on running's 13s NT

its a proven fact that mothballs in the gas tank do in fact raise octane levels... Now as for how much, and if anyone would recommend it... that's a different story. Oh and Bull shit on running's 13s NT

Yes I know it's proven fact. But the 13's, LOL that was the funny part

From a 420a owner who's building his for boost. Said he'd laugh when my crank walks on me and that he'd love to see me run 20 psi on a stock bottom end. Even when shown videos of the stock block record run he still didn't wanna believe it.

1. When i got my first dsm i saw the badge on the firewall. I didnt know what dsm stood for so i asked a buddy that had been messing with them for a while. His response was " it stands for dinosaur motors" LOL. I didnt know what to do.....

2. Theres always the classic " hey man, your car is still running"

Again, not a DSMer but DSM related. Yesterday I was out killing time and decided to stop by an Advanced Auto. I already had low expectations walking in, but my conversation with the elderly employee went like this:

"I need a fuel filter for a 1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD"
"What?"
(Noticing his hearing aid I speak louder/shorter)
"Fuel Filter. 95 Talon TSi"
"Im not seeing Talon in the computer"
"Just search 95 Mitsubishi"
"What model"
"Eclipse"
"Is that like a van or something?" WTF
"No. Its a car."
(After a few minutes of random clicking)
"Okay, is it the 2.4L engine?"
"No, it's the 2.0 turbocharged engine"
(A dozen more random clicks)
"It's not showing a turbo engine"

I turn the screen to reveal he's been looking up an Expo. :ohdamn: I politely asked if I could use the computer, looked up the part, and pulled it off the shelf. Granted I have experience in Auto Parts sales but it shouldn't take 20 minutes to look up a fuel filter! Nothing but respect for the guy, he's just trying to make a living. But what a sad spectacle these auto parts stores are becoming. So desperate for employee's they will literally hire anyone off the street. :toobad:

Yesterday- is that a gst?
Me: yep
Guy: man I was glad to see Mitsubishi finally make the eclipse rwd.
Me. Um..ya...rwd...super
Guy: just put some lowering springs on there, and you'll be drift king
Me: *smile* wow great advice, got to go rent Tokyo drift. F$&@in Aye

Best one:my friends brother: I thought your car was a 5speed?
Me: it is
Friends bro: oh yeah then why do u have 6 gears?
Me: what?
Friends bro: yeah sixth gear is right there.
Me: dude that's reverse...... Walked away shaking my head

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back