The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

dual voice coil sub wiring

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sephroth57

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 7, 2002
Barnegat, New_Jersey
ive asked this on some audio forums and got mixed responses, so what do you guys think.

my setup:

Rockford 900W 2ch amp
SPL 12inch 4ohm DVC sub, 1200 watt max

i have my setup wired as follows, positive channel 1, to positive on one voice coil, chained to the other positive coil. negative on channel 2, to negative on one voice coil, chained to the other negative.

so from what i understand i am running 2 ohms bridged, this is how i would get max power out of my amp right? some guy on a audio forum who has a lot of posts and seems knowledgeable, is telling me i should wire each coil to a channel, and that im lucky my amp is still working.... but people i know around here, say its wired fine.. so what is it??

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs=1

Assuming you have a single low freq subwoofer channel feeding your amp, you have two issues.
The first is how to bridge your amp and what impedance is it stable to.
Then you wire your Sub based on what impedance you want to get from it.

If your feeding the amp with both channels and just turned on some internal low pass filter connecting each VC to a channel would be correct from what little I know.

Steve

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back