The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

dual intercoolers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShaggieRL

20+ Year Contributor
May 18, 2002
wasilla, Alaska
well i came across a small frontmount not the bigest thing in the world buthows this for a thought i got a ported 14b thinking about running the front mount into the stock i/c but cut and weld on inlets and outlets to match the 2.5" in and out on the front mount now would you just run the small front mount or run both or would it not be worth it i will be running a wet kit as well

You might wanna check out this post. It should have your answer, or at least provide you some insight.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161837&highlight=dual+smic

Quote from Nate @ Slowboy Racing
"The biggest drawback to the front mount and side mount idea is the huge difference in flow ratings. You would always be limited by the cfm rating of the factory SMIC. Like said before, it would be more efficient to just run the FMIC."

even if you just got 2 small front mounts and ran them side by side, it's going to have more pressure drop than a comparably sized single intercooler... however if you Y off the ICP and run dual front mounts and then Y back together you might have better flow rates, and get more desired results...

Dual intercoolers is not your best bet. You will see a lot of presure drop, plus you have more piping and 4 seprate end tanks to fill.

cool thanks guys for the help i had the same kinda thinking but when i say it a small front mount it's like 18x12x3 only thing it's got going for it is it's thick....LOL but has nice thick runners going to it so it's gotta be better then stock ;) only had to trade a free t-25 i got for it

ShaggieRL said:
cool thanks guys for the help i had the same kinda thinking but when i say it a small front mount it's like 18x12x3 only thing it's got going for it is it's thick....LOL but has nice thick runners going to it so it's gotta be better then stock ;) only had to trade a free t-25 i got for it

LOL 18x12x3 is no that small of a frontmount, volume wise that is without considering the design and material. You definitely will be much better running the front mount by itself.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back