The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

dsmcrzy's Eclipse 20g 420a

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

With the holidays coming to an end soon, the car will be getting torn down. I decided that I'm going to install the JDM galant knuckles and evo brembos since the front end is getting blown apart to replace the clutch, axles and wheel bearings. Just makes sense to take the old knuckle, wheel bearing and axles from each side out as one unit.

After 20 years (most of that as a normal dd in the north east) it's safe to say those 3 components are never coming apart again with out a hefty fight. That drove most of the decision. I picked up a set of ARP extended wheel studs and STM's hub centric 15mm spacers so the current wheels will clear the calipers. Not ideal since I would rather not run spacers but I'm hoping that next year/winter I can get a set of wheels with the proper offset to clear the brembos.

Had some time yesterday and today to get the suspension pulled apart and the trans out. Got the new stage 3 south bend clutch installed.

Still need to change the axle seals and clean up the trans a bit.

IMG_5501.JPG
IMG_5506.JPG
IMG_5507.JPG
IMG_5509.JPG
IMG_5510.JPG

Well things haven't gone exactly as planned with the evo brake install. Even with a 15mm spacer, the wheels don't even come remotely close to fitting. After going back and forth and talking with the wife she ok'd me getting new wheels for the car. Something I have wanted for a while anyways.

Ordered them up this morning. Drag DR-31s in gunmetal gray. They are work emotion replicas and also look similar to evo 9 enkeis. I should have them in a few days.

Needless to say I am way way way over my winter budget for the car now...

what wheels did you have before then? assuming the spokes started to hit?

Nothing special at all, Damani Champs.
17x7 with a 42 mm offset.
Oh that's why then, that's a high offset for them brembos, sometimes even lower offsets can foul with the spoke design! But at least you get new wheels!! Yay

I know it's high but that's why I grabbed stm's hub centric spacers but even with that the spokes still hit. Used washers to space it out 5mm more and still hitting.

Like you said atleast I get new wheels out of it that I like. Wish I coulda spent a bit more but we are trying to save up for a house and get out of our condo.

Yeah it's a start though man, so when you get your new house then you can save for another set you like, good luck with the house and saving, I know it's hard as I've been and done it

Much nicer with knuckles right.

Also how many tape measures you want haha, I count what 4 or 5 in 1 pic LOL.

Unbolt the sensor a d tap it out leaving the sleeve in there. It will look much cleaner then cut sensors buddy,

Hahaha free ones from harbor freight. I have way too many of them!!

I will tap the sensors out before final install. Everything is just loosely bolted up. I do love my knuckles. Thanks for the hook up!

If they free you might aswell then,

I'm glad I could help with your awesome project man, it's a great build and your doing amazing things with it.

New wheels just came in. Ran home from work to move them inside and test fit one. They fit perfectly with plenty of room to clear evo brembos.

Wheel specs:
Drag DR31
17x8 35mm off set.

IMG_5541.JPG
IMG_5542.JPG
IMG_5543.JPG
IMG_5545.JPG
IMG_5546.JPG
IMG_5544.JPG
IMG_5547.JPG

Got the tires installed on the front wheels. Just need to get the trans back in. Can't wait to see the car back down on the ground!!

IMG_5567.JPG
IMG_5568.JPG
IMG_5569.JPG
IMG_5570.JPG
IMG_5571.JPG

Well I got the trans back in his weekend and also got the digital dash fully working. So once I get the car back together and on the ground, I'll start tackling that.

IMG_5582.JPG
IMG_5583.JPG

Well I got the front end of the car back together today and turned the car around to get the rear end done. Snapped a few pics before I put her back in.

IMG_0018.JPG
IMG_0019.JPG
IMG_0020.JPG
IMG_0021.JPG
IMG_0022.JPG

Well I started tearing into the rear for the brembo swap. Smooth sailing there. Just need to find time to finish it up.

In the mean time I have been playing around with ways to mount my electronic boost controller solinoid in my engine bay. I made a prototype out of aluminum angle iron I had laying around. It still was just off abit on how I wanted to mount it to clear my intercooler piping and such.

The solution? Over engineer the crap out of it and get it addativly manufactured (aka 3D printed). Did the modeling in onshape (like my digital dash) and then shapeways made it out of stainless steel. Came out pretty damn good. I'm impressed.

I'll get mock up photos later just sharing these for now.

IMG_5686.PNG
IMG_5690.PNG
IMG_5694.JPG
IMG_5695.JPG
IMG_5696.JPG

Last edited:
Well I finally got around to finishing the brembos on the rear and the car is on the ground for now...

Next up is the pi dash install!

IMG_5731.JPG
IMG_5732.JPG
IMG_5733.JPG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back